Any Cronies around

JohnnyA

Any Cronies around

Post by JohnnyA »

Formerly Johnny A (could not log into old account) . I decided enough is enough and it it time to get back on the water.

After about 10yrs of collecting dust due to work schedule and my wingman Goose moving away I pulled the yak out and started cleaning it up and re-rigging. I plan on spending a lot of time in the bayous over the winter and come spring/summer next year get back out BTB.
Killerbee

Re: Any Cronies around

Post by Killerbee »

Welcome back! Not a longtime member but I love btb!
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Hey Johnny! Good to hear from you. There're aren't many cronies still fishing BTB and even fewer who come here. Some have moved to the Facebook page. Some have left TKF totally.

Those you will remember are myself, Mythman, Wolfman and very occasionally Lookin4reds and Chazbo.

We have a few new fishermen, but BTB along the upper coast is just about a thing of the past. In fact, MM and I often play "remember X, who used to fish with us?" So many people come and gone.
JohnnyA

Post by JohnnyA »

Glad to see a few are still around. I am wondering how closing the pass will affect the fishing. I am going to spend the winter in the bayous to get back into the hang of things. I hope the yak has not lost the mojo. Look forward to meeting up soon to catch some fish.
MONSTER
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by MONSTER »

I was around for some of the good old days. We moved overseas in 2013, and I sold my X-Factor a couple of years later. I definitely miss our BTB gatherings, Kayak Wars and flying the flag. Hope to get back out there one of these days.
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

In 2.5 years I will be a winter Texan. After spending 34 years on the coast I'm working in Chicago and spending time with family but damn I miss the salt :cat:
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Glad to see there are a few of the originals around still fishing. I'll definitely be fishing offshore this summer. I didn't do much last summer (only a few trips) due to my wife's surgeries. I'm hoping that all is well this summer and I can get back to some offshore fishing! :)
rod dawg
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by rod dawg »

Still around, but more of a lurker now.
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Lurker X 2 still here with a Cobra Nav in the garage I have had 6 mths and not got wet.
Need to get out and chase some Whites to see if I still remember how to paddle Ha!!!
chazbo
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by chazbo »

I'm still here. Cancer has taken its toll on me the last six years, but I still have managed to make a few trips every year. I'm hoping to fish more this summer, but with my health it's unpredictable. I'm not as vital as I would like to be, and need a little help launching. I also get pretty weak after a few fish, but I'm good with it. Lookin4reds and BIgfost have graciously been looking after me. It's kinda sad to see so little traffic on the site. I guess most have moved on. I'm as much to blame as anyone, I don't think I have posted here in a lustrum. I still love the adventure of BTB. Anything can happen on any given trip
late start

Post by late start »

Moved to New Hampshire. It snowed this morning. :-)

Hey Rod Dawg.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Gentlemen, it's never to late to start posting again on here. Now that the site is going to stay, the old and the new can start to post and making TKF even better! I can hardly wait until the summer rolls around to hit the water for some BTB therapy. :)
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

Yakety_Yak wrote:Gentlemen, it's never to late to start posting again on here. Now that the site is going to stay, the old and the new can start to post and making TKF even better! I can hardly wait until the summer rolls around to hit the water for some BTB therapy. :)
I will post at least a time or two, but did last year and got very little response. I don't know if nobody was reading, or just nobody commenting. Who wants to post a trip, or report, if nobody cares?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

bigfost wrote:
Yakety_Yak wrote:Gentlemen, it's never to late to start posting again on here. Now that the site is going to stay, the old and the new can start to post and making TKF even better! I can hardly wait until the summer rolls around to hit the water for some BTB therapy. :)
I will post at least a time or two, but did last year and got very little response. I don't know if nobody was reading, or just nobody commenting. Who wants to post a trip, or report, if nobody cares?

Anyone else going fishing? I'm going fishing this weekend on Sunday but it will be inshore.