Saltwater Soul Shore Patrol Clean Up Nov. 17, 2019

TX All Water Fishing

Saltwater Soul Shore Patrol Clean Up Nov. 17, 2019

Post by TX All Water Fishing »

On Nov 17, 2019 myself with other volunteers crossed the Galveston Texas Ferry to Port Bolivar Texas to clean up a shoreline near 7th Street along the road side and bridge. Spearheaded by Billy Ray Wagner | Saltwater Soul Apparel | Saltwater Soul Shore Patrol we cleaned over 500 feet. Over 250 feet on each side of the road and shoreline around the bridge (south side of bridge).
20-30 Volunteers removed 500-700 pounds of trash; a tv, water skies, chain link fence, a mattress, hundreds of glass bottles & water bottles, tons & tons of fishing line, and countless amounts of trash. Just a tremendous amount of success by the volunteers.
Click Link for Full Video
https://youtu.be/mnHnHDvZoOg
Attachments
thumb.jpg
Crusader

Re: Saltwater Soul Shore Patrol Clean Up Nov. 17, 2019

Post by Crusader »

I'd say "a success" would be if you had found perpetrators and had them clean that beach up using only their tongues...
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Great stuff Ruben! Man that's frustrating seeing all that trash.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Yeah Billy Ray is doing good with his clean up.

The trash that people leave is only a drop in the bucket as to what washes down from big cities. Both should be cleaned up and we need to educate those that don't know it's affect. Without educating a friend or two it's only going to be short lived.
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

Thank y'all for taking the time to clean up our coastal areas. Every organized outing helps, especially with the added publicity.
TX All Water Fishing

SWFinatic wrote:Great stuff Ruben! Man that's frustrating seeing all that trash.
Thanks! It was great seeing all the people that came out to help. Trash was over grown by the grass, you thought you had it all clean and then you would step on something. Pull back the grass and there was even more trash. It was crazy.
TX All Water Fishing

TroutSupport.com wrote:Yeah Billy Ray is doing good with his clean up.

The trash that people leave is only a drop in the bucket as to what washes down from big cities. Both should be cleaned up and we need to educate those that don't know it's affect. Without educating a friend or two it's only going to be short lived.
I agree 100%
TX All Water Fishing

Getz-Some55 wrote:Thank y'all for taking the time to clean up our coastal areas. Every organized outing helps, especially with the added publicity.
Thanks, every little bit helps. I had other fishermen send me pics and message me what they did to help while they were out fishing. How they picked up a trash bag or two worth of trash. I had one guy tell me that him and his wife cleaned up 5 bag of trash. There's good people every where sometimes all they need is a spark