new rig matagorda?!

Killerbee

new rig matagorda?!

Post by Killerbee »

Anyone see this one? Its pretty close to the old 5 mile rig.
SWFinatic

Re: new rig matagorda?!

Post by SWFinatic »

I have not. Same distance out?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Is it actually "new" or one you just noticed?
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

It looks to be a little father out and to the north of the five mile rig. I have never seen it before. I have fished the rigs that are 7miles offshore and never noticed this one. I may be crazy though?!
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Trying to get a bearing on where you are talking about from behind the keyboard has got me dizzy. Let me get some understanding here. The 5 mile (old rig) you are referring to is the one that is ~6 miles northeast down the beach from the entrance then about 2 miles offshore of the beach, correct? Then the 7 mile rigs you are referring to are the ones another 5 miles offshore from there, where you and I were killing the kings this past summer, correct?

This "New" rig is approx distance and direction from the 7 mile rigs?

Just FYI, there are several rigs that are about 7 miles off the beach and midpoint between Matagorda jetty and Sargent Beach.

Earl
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I've seen a rig that appears to be right at 7 miles out straight out from the Matty jetties. I was down there in August for some inshore fishing and didn't notice anything new when I was on the beach headed to 3 mile. Then again the sand was in full summer form and I was focused more on not getting stuck lol.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Yes Earl.......the rig that is 6 miles from the entrance about 2 miles off the beach. The 7 mile rigs are several that are past that rig about 5 miles where we killed the kings. This new rig appears to be north of that beach rig and a little farther out than 2 miles. I may need to get me vision checked though. I should have really paid more attention but I was in a hurry to get to the cut and catch some bulls.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

I am going back first of November and will update then. I hope I wasnt seeing two shrimp boats or somthing like that. It was prettt late in the afternoon and I didnt look to hard. I was having to concentrate pretty hard on not getting stuck.
Earl
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Earl »

Yes, that is the first rig on your way to Sargent Beach. It has been there a long time. There is another further down and both about 5-6 miles off of the beach and both larger rigs.
Earl
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Is it any good?