Trident 15

LTA

Trident 15

Post by LTA »

Just bought a new Trident 15, I’m interested in purchasing a Fishfinder with SI, DI, & GPS . I can’t decide if I should go with Helix 5, Hooks 5, or the Striker series hoping you guys can give me some advice. The Helix is made by the same company (Johnson Outdoors) that builds / design the kayak so I know the transducer will fit in the specific area that it’s designed for. Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kalait

Re: Trident 15

Post by Kalait »

LTA wrote:Just bought a new Trident 15, I’m interested in purchasing a Fishfinder with SI, DI, & GPS . I can’t decide if I should go with Helix 5, Hooks 5, or the Striker series hoping you guys can give me some advice. The Helix is made by the same company (Johnson Outdoors) that builds / design the kayak so I know the transducer will fit in the specific area that it’s designed for. Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have a Striker 4 which I drop over the side of my yak. If there is a transducer which fits into one of your schupper holes it would be great.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I'm not a fan of Lowrance at all due to their customer service. I've called numerous times and never had my issues resolved or been given correct information. I will probably go Helix next time. Just won't go back to Lowrance.
LTA

Post by LTA »

I’ve read several negative reports on their Customer Service.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I have 3 lowrance units. An elite 5 hdi, a hook 7, and a hook 4. All have been great units and pretty simple to use. I've never had to use their customer service tho so can't give reference there but the fact I haven't needed them should say something.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk