Extremely shallow BTB

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Extremely shallow BTB

Post by Prof. Salt »

Alright, alright it's not BTB, but I had a great time this morning presenting a Clouser to a few friends. My little 4 wt wasn't able to handle the strong breeze, so I stuck with the 8 wt all morning to handle the wind. I saw some huge black drum but decided not to mess with them. Maybe I should have...

SWFinatic

Re: Extremely shallow BTB

Post by SWFinatic »

Solid stringer Prof.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Prof. Salt wrote:Alright, alright it's not BTB, but I had a great time this morning presenting a Clouser to a few friends. My little 4 wt wasn't able to handle the strong breeze, so I stuck with the 8 wt all morning to handle the wind. I saw some huge black drum but decided not to mess with them. Maybe I should have...

all good-sized eating fish there.
The problem with really big black drum is they won't come to hand until they're expired, and while the ride would be great, if you're not anxious to eat them, leave them be.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I agree, and the clock was ticking as we worked to rack up a few fish to send back to Alaska. I worked at collecting the eaters but it was sure cool to watch those big uglies rolling around in such shallow water within striking distance.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Nice fish on the fly Glenn! Glad you got out to catch a few and thanks for sharing!