Garmin Panoptics Live Scope

TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Garmin Panoptics Live Scope

Post by TKFStubb »

Stay tuned for a trip video Mrs TKFStubb and myself did today on Sam Rayburn Lake with Camo River Guide service where we learned the ins and outs of Garmin’s newest Live Scope technology. This is truly a GAME CHANGER for finding crappie, Bass, catfish, and bream. This great product also lends itself to use in a kayak, especially for tournament fishing and feeding your starving kiddos. No more skunk trips! We should have a link to the youtube trip we made with Greg Fenn; mr Camo River himself. Stay tuned!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Garmin Panoptics Live Scope

Post by kickingback »

I subscribe to Greg Fenn's channel and watch all his videos. He has a great system to put clients on the fish always!
impulse

Post by impulse »

Remember when fishing was a great, cheap hobby?
Attachments
Panoptix 2.jpg
Panoptix 2.jpg (37.98 KiB) Viewed 5943 times
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

impulse wrote:Remember when fishing was a great, cheap hobby?
Still can be. I took two of my kids to the Galveston Fishing Pier the other day. $6 per kid (I have a season pass $240/yr), $5 for a box of frozen squid for my daughter, a couple of packs of speck rigs and a sabiki rig for my son, and hours of entertainment that resulted in several small sharks, a few keeper specks (my son caught them on a gold spoon) off of the T-head when a small group of birds were working. He also caught a handful of smacks. I think all in, including gas from Houston and lunch, I was under $75 for the day which lasted from about 7a to 7p. They also got to see the guy next to us land a 6' hammerhead shark which was pretty cool. My 7 year old daughter also learned to cast a spinning reel that day, so as soon as I can get her throwing artificials, my life will be just about complete.

As for the kayaking aspect of our hobby, I bought a used T160 off TKF about ten years ago, I have no electronics on board, and fish only artificials. Other than the rod/reel expenses and lures (which, admittedly can be pricey), there isn't much more than the gas to get me to where I want to fish.
impulse

Post by impulse »

mwatson71 wrote:
Still can be.
As for the kayaking aspect of our hobby, I bought a used T160 off TKF about ten years ago, I have no electronics on board, and fish only artificials. Other than the rod/reel expenses and lures (which, admittedly can be pricey), there isn't much more than the gas to get me to where I want to fish.

I'm with you there. I bought a used T160 for cheap, and so far I've resisted installing anything electric but some lights for safety. I've been tumbled in the surf just often enough that I cringe at the idea of $$$$ electronics.

I guess I'm lamenting the increase in difficulty in finding fish as the waters get more and more crowded and so many guys on some other forums hold out that hiring a guide for $500 / half day is THE solution. Or heading down to Costa Rica for $5,000 worth of fishing. Plus, I remember a lot of other "game changers" (anyone remember their Color C Lector?)

Bottom line, nothing matches time on the water for catching more fish. And kayaking is a great way to keep from breaking the bank while offering a great opportunity to get to where the fish live.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

mwatson71 wrote:
Still can be. I took two of my kids to the Galveston Fishing Pier the other day. $6 per kid (I have a season pass $240/yr), $5 for a box of frozen squid for my daughter, a couple of packs of speck rigs and a sabiki rig for my son, and hours of entertainment that resulted in several small sharks, a few keeper specks (my son caught them on a gold spoon) off of the T-head when a small group of birds were working. He also caught a handful of smacks. I think all in, including gas from Houston and lunch, I was under $75 for the day which lasted from about 7a to 7p. They also got to see the guy next to us land a 6' hammerhead shark which was pretty cool. My 7 year old daughter also learned to cast a spinning reel that day, so as soon as I can get her throwing artificials, my life will be just about

Simple pleasures are still the best!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

I called Garmin about the Panoptics range. It sees 3 feet for every 1 foot of depth.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Good video Tom! Enjoyed it!