Kraken Users - What Fish Bag Do You Use

Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Kraken Users - What Fish Bag Do You Use

Post by Music Man »

Just retired and bought myself a brand new Kraken 13.5 and am looking for a fish bag that will fit in the center console. My Ice Mule is too large. What do you use? I found something that looks great but is in New Zealand and will cost a fortune to ship. Also found some other bags, Reliable Fishing and another brand, that look more like an over-sized purse rather than the tank well shape and look like they might work.

Love this new boat - the first new one I have purchased.

Nathan
Kalait

Re: Kraken Users - What Fish Bag Do You Use

Post by Kalait »

I plan to buy from Delewarepaddle Sports the bag is $90 + $15 shipping. Dimensions are 41"L x 20"W x 6"H
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I don't have a Kraken, but you should check out this other bag also. https://www.amazon.com/TCYC-Deluxe-Yakc ... way&sr=8-1
Capture.JPG
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Congrats on your retirement and your Kraken!

Never been in a Kraken but I have watched some videos on them. Guessing your going offshore? That will dictate what size bag you need. The beauty of storing your fish in the hull is it keeps the bag out of direct sun so you don't need the thickest insulated fish bag in most cases. The Delaware Paddle Sports (DPS) bag is IMO the best price for what you get. However has rigid sides so it may be hard to get in and out of the hatch. I see lots of guys using the TCYC bags for storing fish in the hull. If those bags aren't long enough here is a 48" fish bag I almost bought but went with the DPS bag instead that looks really good but on the high end of the price range for kayak fish bags.

https://www.amazon.com/PROYAKER-Catch-C ... way&sr=8-1
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Saw this on the Delaware Paddlesports website. Says it works with the Cuda and Big Tuna, but seems like it would work with the Kraken hatch as well. May need to verify the dimensions.

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/ja ... -fish-bag/
Music Man
Location: Missouri City Lightning Nomad, Kraken 13.5, Trident Ultra 4.3

Post by Music Man »

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Neumie - been looking at the Jackson bag and think it will fit. The Kraken and Cuda hatches are basically the same size and angle. The bags that are, or seem to be, designed for bow or tank wells, so are probably too wide to have easy access. That's the problem with my Ice Mule.

Actually got this for bay and near shore. It's fast like my Trident Ultra, has a more comfortable seat, and I can stand in it. Am probably going to get a Kraken 15.5 to do the off shore fishing.

Nathan
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

ice mule is great for hauling groceries to camp or packing beer in your hatch, but I don't think it's shaped right for a fish bag
Noeafpj9

Post by Noeafpj9 »

Check out this site https://www.amazon.com/Silver-Horde-Kat ... 5412&psc=1

It’s a silver horde katchkooler fish bag. I use to run it while fishing in my kraken 15.5 just stuff it in the center hatch and you can stuff fish in there pretty well. Besides it’s cheap and easy to get to.