Big thanks to Texas

wyoyak

Big thanks to Texas

Post by wyoyak »

I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the folks on this site who have provided valuable intel on awesome fishing sites I have been privileged to fish. I’m one of the Chosen Frozen from Wyoming and venture to East Texas as often as I can. The people of Texas have been so gracious, friendly and just all around great towards me. On one particular trip to Naconiche, a gentleman from Garrison sat down with me for lunch and shared many honey holes. He didn’t have to do that, but he knew how far I drove to get there and just wanted to make my trip fruitful. I only catch and release, so I wasn’t taking any of his fish.

I’m a Disabled Vet, Texas gives me a free fishing license. How awesome is that? Take note other not so military friendly states!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you folks in Texas how humbly greatful I am for your hospitality. And WOW, you guys have Whataburger and Braums Ice Cream on top of great bass fishing. I don’t know if it’s fair that Texas has it all.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Big thanks to Texas

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

wyoyak wrote:I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the folks on this site who have provided valuable intel on awesome fishing sites I have been privileged to fish. I’m one of the Chosen Frozen from Wyoming and venture to East Texas as often as I can. The people of Texas have been so gracious, friendly and just all around great towards me. On one particular trip to Naconiche, a gentleman from Garrison sat down with me for lunch and shared many honey holes. He didn’t have to do that, but he knew how far I drove to get there and just wanted to make my trip fruitful. I only catch and release, so I wasn’t taking any of his fish.

I’m a Disabled Vet, Texas gives me a free fishing license. How awesome is that? Take note other not so military friendly states!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you folks in Texas how humbly greatful I am for your hospitality. And WOW, you guys have Whataburger and Braums Ice Cream on top of great bass fishing. I don’t know if it’s fair that Texas has it all.
We wouldn't have any of it to offer if it wasn't for those like you who gave their service to us all. So Thank You! You earned and deserve it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
SWFinatic

Re: Big thanks to Texas

Post by SWFinatic »

Thank you sir for your service!
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

next time your down get some Blue Bell ice cream ... glad we treated you right and thanks again for your service
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

:clap: Thanks for your service my fellow veteran! :clap:
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: RE: Big thanks to Texas

Post by TKFStubb »

[quote][/quote][quote="imaoldmanyoungsalt"][quote="wyoyak"]I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all the folks on this site who have provided valuable intel on awesome fishing sites I have been privileged to fish. I’m one of the Chosen Frozen from Wyoming and venture to East Texas as often as I can. The people of Texas have been so gracious, friendly and just all around great towards me. On one particular trip to Naconiche, a gentleman from Garrison sat down with me for lunch and shared many honey holes. He didn’t have to do that, but he knew how far I drove to get there and just wanted to make my trip fruitful. I only catch and release, so I wasn’t taking any of his fish.

Wyoyak, we love Texas, too and I really love Naconiche as well. Thanks for your service and thanks for the kudos for our website. We’ll have to hit my favorite Lake when you come down sometime. I especially like March and April when the big girls are on the bed. Catch and release really pays off at that time.
bones72

Post by bones72 »

I'll agree Texas treats vets very well. I am a disabled vet too. If you get down in the central Texas area I'd be more than happy to take you out.