TSL Grasswalker Review

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: TSL Grasswalker Review

Post by Ron Mc »

TroutSupport.com wrote:A couple of new reviews came through the site. one from your very on Ron Mc. Thanks Ron.
Another from a totally new kayaker..his first kayak trip ever.
thank you Tobin, I've never enjoyed fishing so much.

Also worth noting, of all the lures I was throwing from the Arroyo dock last week, including 3/8 oz Tsunami SS3, every cast with the TSL grasswalker gave me an extra 10 yards.
For my BIL, fishing it made all the difference in catching schoolies.

Fish follow and try to eat this lure over and over until they finally get it eaten - I've never fished anything like it.
Fish absolutely do not spit this lure, but you can pull it out of their mouth trying to set it. My best set technique is to walk the fish around with the lure in its mouth until the fish makes his first escape move, and then I set it.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Ron Mc wrote:Fish follow and try to eat this lure over and over until they finally get it eaten - I've never fished anything like it. Fish absolutely do not spit this lure, but you can pull it out of their mouth trying to set it. My best set technique is to walk the fish around with the lure in its mouth until the fish makes his first escape move, and then I set it.

..... I wouldn't say you have to wait quite that long; might get a lot of stomach hooked fish and we don't want that (granted they are hooked though). I would say a 3 sec delay is sufficient, while that is going on, point the rod tip at the fish and take out the slack... then set HARD! My hook up ratio is low 90% for trout and upper 90's for reds. Yes, that's after a lot of practice over 7 years while developing it. You'll get there.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Tobin, I understand your concerns.
I didn't have that problem on tourist trout, bringing them halfway to the boat with rod tip high until they made their first turn - almost all of them came to the boat with a lip hook and the lure outside their mouth - missed my big sow trout at about 3 seconds. That first turn automatically points the rod at the fish for you. Yes, reds are no problem, but they're not subtle eaters, anyway.
Trout follow forever and injure prey with their canines before eating it. Just slow down your retrieve a little with every bite.
FLsALTyAK

Post by FLsALTyAK »

When I "Googled" Grasswalker here's what I found (and Grasswalkers here is trade-marked):

https://grasswalkers.com/

:lol:

I'm looking forward to inshore saltwater fishing this upcoming Saturday trying the TroutSupport lure for the first time!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I guess you didn't know that you can trademark a product name in a different business category? Thank you for your legal counsel, LOL. Also, a product is trademarked (and has trademark protection) upon offering it for sale. It does not have to be registered to have trademark protection. :wink:

At some point I will registered it, do a different bag that is only 'Grasswalker', and maybe even have an alternate website just for freshwater fishermen (I already have the url for it) but for you guys that know me, you know where to find it and what it is.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

TroutSupport.com wrote:...Thank you for your legal counsel, LOL...
:lol: you forgot to add your graswalker is patented
Is there a lawyer in the house?
Yours is guaranteed to catch more fish, but I'm afraid the other will catch more fishermen
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Ron Mc wrote:
TroutSupport.com wrote:Yours is guaranteed to catch more fish, but I'm afraid the other will catch more fishermen
LOL

Yeah, who'd a thought. I love her idea though. I'm sure it works great. Maybe more wives of fisherman will find them now since I made the GrassWalker.

Someone the other day called them Grease Walkers... LOL... because they put so many fish in the fry daddy!!!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Got an email from Kevin Coston day before yesterday - it's a little late but it was his personal best on the GrassWalker
Attachments
Gmail from KevinCoston.jpg
KevinCoston.jpg
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

A customer (guide Capt Vince Callaway) in Rockport sent me this picture of a 7lb trout that he caught using the GrassWalker in Birthday Suit. Vince is fishing dead end canals in the flats at night (no lights) and catching some solid winter fish. This one weighed 7lbs on the boga; he didn't measure it. He's really liking the bait for what he does which is fishing the edge of the grass for trout.
t
He sent me a video of the release but I haven't been able to download it and re upload etc. But main thing is that she was released.
Attachments
IMG_4444.jpg
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Good article about the lure by Ram Garcia on Page 50 of the Salty Angler.

http://saltyanglermagazine.com/HTML/Feb ... ex.html#50
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Another Stud or three on the GrassWalker from Matagorda, I also hear guys are loving it fishing Rockport area.

these were all caught on Bone Diamond in mud and shell on a shoreline in Matagorda. And he was using a very light jighead. He didn't need to rig it weedless for where he was... there are times that's not necessary. He was using a 1/16th oz Hogie jig head he trimmed a little smaller; it has a spring lock.
Attachments
Feb 21 2019a.jpg
Feb 21 2019a.jpg (18.76 KiB) Viewed 7632 times
Feb 21 2019.jpg
Feb 21 2019.jpg (20.19 KiB) Viewed 7632 times
Friend of Son.jpg
Friend of Son.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 7632 times
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

The following came in thru PM on another board from a sabine lake guide - Pat Powell

"Friday March 1st I finally found some trrout on the reefs at in sabine lake. No sows, but it was exciting to find trout period. I had customers Saturday and we really put your lures to the test. Water was not deep, but the current and tide was a strong ebb, so a weighted hook was required. Casting across current and allowing the baits to drift from 4' up on to the reef resulted in what my fishermen described as "the most fun they ever had fishing". Along with a redfish about every 5th cast didn't hurt their feelings. Bone Diamond and COAC were the best producers. We were able to stay on those fish for six days without another boat in sight before the trout disappeared again. Redfish are a constant and I'm really digging your baits. They are a great fit for my style of fishing. I've been doing the same with lighter plastics for a long time, but the additional "bulk" of your baits, without the length of the large Assassin type baits is helpful and the hardness is just right. I look forward to using them when our fish can finally move inland into the estuaries flats.
Pat"
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

few pics from Guide Pat Powell fishing Sabine Lake. He's really likeing the GrassWalker.

His customers are liking it and that's even better. Pat is one of those guys that doesn't say anything until he's really tested it. All the photos are of his customers.
Attachments
imagejpeg_0 5.jpg
imagejpeg_0 4.jpg
imagejpeg_0 3.jpg
imagejpeg_0 2.jpg
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

I caught some real studs in baffin on the TSL last month. I caught my first fish, a 23" trout, on the BirthdaySuit, and also caught my last fish a 16 inch trout on the Birthday suit. I caught a 8.5lb 28 inch trout, and a 24" trout on the bone, and a 28 inch red on the whodini. I'll try to put together a little video of some catches from the trip. I didn't use the lure the whole time, I use it when I need to.. when I'm fishing shallow grass, shallow rocks, when the grass is floating a bunch, or if I feel it will do well just as a slow sink twitchbait such as the spring bite requires. It's like the 8 iron.. you probably use a 7 iron a little more but that eight iron is essential on par threes, approach shots, and chipping around the green; essential to the whole bag. I'll post a fishing report in 'reports's
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

TroutSupport.com wrote:few pics from Guide Pat Powell fishing Sabine Lake. He's really likeing the GrassWalker.

His customers are liking it and that's even better. Pat is one of those guys that doesn't say anything until he's really tested it. All the photos are of his customers.
Wow!! If you can turn guide clients from that area onto a lure, you've really done something.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yaklash wrote:Wow!! If you can turn guide clients from that area onto a lure, you've really done something.
Yeah, that' s pretty cool. Check this one out though, I received it by email this morning from Jim Webster in Homosassa, FL. Its great to see anglers as demanding as I am giving these sort of reviews on the lure. This was a paid customer, didn't even ask for the review.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 9.15.05 AM.png
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yet another unsolicited email. Actually this guys isn't even a customer yet. His buddy handed him a couple to try. It's been really cool to see guys sharing them with their friends because they believe in them.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 2.55.32 PM.png
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Theres been some cool testimonials lately. A guy in louisianna told me yesterday that the lure is helping him reduce the amount of tackle he is taking. He basically is able to use less baits and stay in the zone better. I'll see if I can find his email tomorrow..
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Ok, it's time. Surf is doing well and grass is starting to float up more.. it's grass walker peak season.

Here's a couple pics from Evaristo Alfaro in South Texas Grass Walker in the grass in Baffin.
Attachments
P6050027.JPG
P6030025.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

that redfish has shoulders
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yes Sir, that was one of those Baffin Bay Reds... there's some Hawgs in there that stay. It's sorta crazy. Here's a better eating size one caught in south Texas last Sunday by my good friend Jon Rhodes. This was his first fish on the GrassWalker and caught after about 5 minutes using it.. was pretty cool , he say as he's fighting the fish ' I'm Hooked'.
Attachments
IMG_0525.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Yes Sir, that was one of those Baffin Bay Reds... there's some Hawgs in there that stay. It's sorta crazy. Here's a better eating size one caught in south Texas last Sunday by my good friend Jon Rhodes. This was his first fish on the GrassWalker and caught after about 5 minutes using it.. was pretty cool , he say as he's fighting the fish ' I'm Hooked'.
is that on golden roach or plum? - the former is my BIL's favorite color.
Seems like plum would be choice in the turbid water of Baffin with a little cloud cover
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

That was Plum. He loves using plum so I rigged him up with Plum. He loves it. He went back the next weekend and caught 5 nice trout and 2 reds... dang near a double limit.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Check out this customer, Clayton Thomas took a bunch of his friends to Chandeleur Isl and KILLED it. That had a bunch of floating grass to deal with so they mostly threw the GrassWalker... 3 days the party ended up with 275 trout and 45 redfish mostly caught on the bait.
Attachments
IMG_5273.PNG