Unbelievable

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Unbelievable

Post by Prof. Salt »

That's the only word I can come up with that describes the action on the water yesterday. I had to work until noon (I know, don't feel sorry for me) then I hustled to the beach and launched South of BHP. The water was perfect, and wind was very low. Once I got to the first rig in that set, it was on...

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Unbelievable

Post by kickingback »

Well done Glenn! Thank you for sharing. I always watch your enjoyable videos. :clap:
Angler

Post by Angler »

Always feel like it’s gonna be a good day with an opening “duet” but man you had a great day!

Bet you slept good after that outing!

Thanks much for posting!

P.S. Soloing as much as you do, out as far as you fish, I sure hope you got some kind of tracker / float plan filed with a buddy or SO to keep an eye out. You’re obviously fit, but S**t happens. Now that you have me addicted to your videos I don’t want anything to happen to disrupt them ;)
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I file a float plan with at least two different people, carry a phone, gps and vhf, and most importantly I keep an eye on my surroundings at all times. Stuff happens, but if you let that keep you at home life is boring. I'd rather take precautions, train and get out there and enjoy what's available!
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Prof. I'm glad to hear that. Careful planning and preparation is the antidote for the "Stuff" that happens. Afterall, "stuff" can happen if you stay home too and if you don't have a plan for it when it does, it can be just as devastating. Risk can never be eliminated no matter what we do, but we can manage and prepare for it!

But ANGLER, I get the concern, I wouldn't want anything to happen to the Professor either!
Angler

Post by Angler »

Prof. Salt wrote:I file a float plan with at least two different people, carry a phone, gps and vhf, and most importantly I keep an eye on my surroundings at all times. Stuff happens, but if you let that keep you at home life is boring. I'd rather take precautions, train and get out there and enjoy what's available!
Couldn’t agree more!

Tight lines!

K
JW FunGuy

Post by JW FunGuy »

Awsome comes to mind as well. Man! What a day! The paddle out is one thing but my arms would be fried after “fish number...whatever” .
Thanks for sharing. And by the way what kind of gloves do you use? Those are some sticky gloves! :clap:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Good guess, Kinkingback, but these are the ones I use. They are a little more breathable, and if I wash them well after each trip they'll last all season.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIP-34-874-XL- ... 0005.m1851
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Prof. Salt wrote:Good guess, Kinkingback, but these are the ones I use. They are a little more breathable, and if I wash them well after each trip they'll last all season.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIP-34-874-XL- ... 0005.m1851
I have to ask what is the difference? Putting your gloves on the order list as soon as possible, but is there a major difference.
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

I haven't tried the ones Kickingback posted, but the black stuff covers more of the hand. The UTG black grippy material is somewhat breathable, but not like the cloth part of the glove.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

Prof. Salt wrote:I haven't tried the ones Kickingback posted, but the black stuff covers more of the hand. The UTG black grippy material is somewhat breathable, but not like the cloth part of the glove.
Thanks
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

Loved the video Prof! It was on fire! I always am a day late and a buck short lol!
Prof. Salt
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Prof. Salt »

Sometimes those windows are pretty short. The day before this I paddled 12 miles in tough current and scattered rain showers and came home with one little Spanish for my efforts. :lol: I enjoy paddling out there so it was fine, but 24 hours made a world of difference.
Longliner

Post by Longliner »

Those small windows make it tough for us inland guys to time it right.
But the seas and weather at Navarra right now are beautiful and looking very promising for the next week or so.
Killerbee

Post by Killerbee »

When the wife and I were there the current looked like a river running past the rigs at Mayan! We drove to Matagorda for the next day and hardly any current at all, just a stiff 15 to 18mph north wind!