TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
By Floundapounda122
I have a very interesting topic to discuss. Between hookspit performance rods, Laguna rods, Gloomis rods, castaway rods, and waterloo rods which would y’all choose. I personally have experience with hookspit, Castaway, and waterloo and IMO hookspit runs away with this one. I have the Hookspit TNT 6’10 medium extra fast and honestly i’m not sure if i’ll ever own a better rod. I have it paired with my new curado K and it can handle everything inshore extremely well.
By Ron Mc
I tried a 7'1" 13Fishing Omen Green this year and it found a home as my short-range kayak and sight-fishing rod.
For longer-rod, longer-range, higher rod tip with weighted lures, can't beat Lamiglas G1000.
By Neumie
I got my first high end rod back in 2006; a Laguna TX Wader (currently called TX Wader 2). Then in 2009 I added a Waterloo Slam Mag and Crankin Mag (spinning) to my arsenal. In 2016 the age of my Laguna finally caught up to it so I retired it and replaced it with a Waterloo Salinity I snagged cheap at the Cabelas Bargain Cave.

My 10 year old Waterloos have aged exceptionally, so I'd be hard pressed to want to look at another brand when I need to replace them. Other brands I'd consider would be Kistler or H&H.
By Ron Mc
I'm surprised Falcon doesn't come up more often.
Nothing makes my 90-y-o dad grin more than a birthday or Christmas Falcon rod.
I have a 6'6" spinning rod, "Open Hook Special" that has fished inshore 30 years, landed slot reds on 4200SS and 10-lb copolymer, and here, my daughter is landing big sheepshead on the flats using the light rig.

btw, I do have a 30-y-o Loomis GL2 8-1/2' MH spinning rod, that I've used inshore and caught kings at the jetties.
I loan it to friends with my 4400SS, and they all want one just like it.
If it aint broke don't fix it

Nice stringer! I’m taking my older brother out to […]

A question

Pat Murray's book "No-Nonsense Guide to Coast[…]

Nice. What boat is that? I run a sea eagle 385fta[…]

Houston County Resivoir July 2

Nice catching on a fresh lake. Good report for tho[…]