Open Invite or Tag Along - Sat. May 25th

Neumie
Site Admin

Open Invite or Tag Along - Sat. May 25th

Post by Neumie »

Wife's having a girls' weekend for Memorial Day weekend, so I'm getting kicked out of the house. Looking to fish anywhere from Bird Island Basin north to Point Comfort.

Winds are forecast around 15 mph out of the SE (gusting 20-25) currently with the rain removed. Low tide @ 1:56 am (0.11 ft) and high tide @ 11:35 am (0.95 ft).

Anyone want to go fishing? Or anyone already have a plan and wouldn't mind a tag along? Will have cold beer waiting when getting off the water.
SWFinatic

Re: Open Invite or Tag Along - Sat. May 25th

Post by SWFinatic »

Neumie I'd love to tag along but made plans for the weekend with my son.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

SWFinatic wrote:Neumie I'd love to tag along but made plans for the weekend with my son.
I figure it's a bit of a long shot given the holiday weekend, even with a week'ish notice. I have to be back in Hallettsville Saturday evening for the church picnic on Sunday. I may make a return trip and fish Monday morning before heading back to SA; gotta milk the kitchen pass as best I can.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

The forecasts look good for a "holiday weekend". Be careful if you do go out as many will be having fun and not watching little kayakers around. Thanks for the invite but I'm trying to find a place to get out of the wind as well.
Cory.Ogle1

Post by Cory.Ogle1 »

I'd be in if your looking for someone to go with. I don't have much planned yet other than going somewhere in the Corpus/AP area.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Cory.Ogle1 wrote:I'd be in if your looking for someone to go with. I don't have much planned yet other than going somewhere in the Corpus/AP area.
Winds are still tracking 15-18 mph (gusting around 25) out of the SE. Any thoughts?
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Heading to Port O'Conner area. Haven't hammered down the exact location, but it'll be over in those waters.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Be careful POC will obviously be crazy. Last couple of times I fished POC boats were getting as close to me as they could. One almost was successful in flipping me. A buddy of mine fishes there a lot. He says Shoalwater usually isn't too bad with boats (especially if you launch from Charlies).
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

SWFinatic wrote:Be careful POC will obviously be crazy. Last couple of times I fished POC boats were getting as close to me as they could. One almost was successful in flipping me. A buddy of mine fishes there a lot. He says Shoalwater usually isn't too bad with boats (especially if you launch from Charlies).
Yeah, I'm not touching POC proper on Memorial Day weekend (much less any normal weekend), and haven't actually been to POC in probably 10 years. Charlie's is as close as I ever get these days. I'm probably heading to Charlie's and fishing Shoalwater (as you mentioned) or somewhere over in Powderhorn.