Galveston West Bay 3/2

CAS

Galveston West Bay 3/2

Post by CAS »

Went out with my brother in Galveston West bay with a bit of a late start. Hit the water around noon hoping to catch some reds. There was bait moving everywhere but we really couldn't find the slots ended up catching about 15 rat reds a piece until the tides changed. Outgoing tide started around 2pm and thats when my brother caught his first slot (Right uner 21"). Many dinks later around 3pm we both hooked up at the same time to a slot a piece (again both right under 21"). Caught a sheepshead shortly after and it slowed down for a bit. 4pm and we had a double hookup again but my brother lost his and I caught mine (about 22"). Caught one more 24" red a few casts later and that was my limit! We ran out of live shrimp and they just didnt want to hit Gulp to get my brother his limit. Ended up going home with 5 reds and a sheepshead so all in all a great day on the water!
Attachments
IMG_8904.JPG
jgg696

Re: Galveston West Bay 3/2

Post by jgg696 »

Yaboii wrote:Went out with my brother in Galveston West bay with a bit of a late start. Hit the water around noon hoping to catch some reds. There was bait moving everywhere but we really couldn't find the slots ended up catching about 15 rat reds a piece until the tides changed. Outgoing tide started around 2pm and thats when my brother caught his first slot (Right uner 21"). Many dinks later around 3pm we both hooked up at the same time to a slot a piece (again both right under 21"). Caught a sheepshead shortly after and it slowed down for a bit. 4pm and we had a double hookup again but my brother lost his and I caught mine (about 22"). Caught one more 24" red a few casts later and that was my limit! We ran out of live shrimp and they just didnt want to hit Gulp to get my brother his limit. Ended up going home with 5 reds and a sheepshead so all in all a great day on the water!
Nice catch! How were you fishing the shrimp? Under a cork or freelining?
CAS

Post by CAS »

Thanks! We actually fished them on a popping cork mainly but we also threw them on a Carolina rig. Both ways were working I just prefer the popping cork. The wind was really strong and not in our favor so freelining them would have been too tough lol
Angler

Post by Angler »

Nice report! I guarantee you guys had a much better day than me at the office too.
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Wow! That was a great day of fishing. Good job on finding them!