Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 13

Cboehle

Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 13

Post by Cboehle »

my factory foam snap in seat is getting weathered and was never too comfortable... any suggestions on a replacement, looking to upgrade to something with more comfort and support, even some structure if I can find one that fits, would like to avoid making new holes... are there any seat kits or mounts out there?? thanks!
Last edited by Cboehle on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 135

Post by Neumie »

Paddling a tandem?

Check out Surf to Summit GTS .
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 13

Post by Ron Mc »

my buddy Steve gave his old Emotion Fisherman to our buddy Lou
Lou upgraded the seat with Surf to Summit, which I got the recommendation from this forum - he's delighted with it
https://www.ebay.com/i/172293777248
Lou complained at first about the back support being whimpy.
But to get it right, adjust the straps so the seat back is leaning forward a bit when you're not sitting in it.
TexasJim

Re: Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 13 old

Post by TexasJim »

My Pescador 12 seat was horrible, plus the old Tarpons/Pescadors have a seat depression that accumulates water. I bought a Gone Fishin' seat, which is great, but the bottom pad was not very thick. I put a piece of 2" closed cell foam under the seat pad, and it raises the seat above the water, plus gives some more padding. Works fine now. That Surf to Summit seat looks like a good seat for a Tarpon or Pescador.

Another thing I did, was make some scupper drain valves for the under-seat scuppers, and the forward scuppers. They keep the cockpit well drained. I used 1-1/8" crutch tips, and tapered corks, upside down to float up and seal, but let water out.

TexasJim
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: Seats - Upgrading factory Pescador/Tarpon 13

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I put a stadium seat like the ones from academy in my sons pescador 12 and my heritage redfish 14 and love them. They do raise the center of gravity about 3 inches but neither of us have turtled yet after about a year and a half of use. I don't have any close ups of the way I rigged them to fit but heres a few from far away. You can zoom in and see the "feet" I made for the front of them. I used stainless bolts and a rubber boat trailer keel roller cut in half for the feet.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk