How do you fish brown water?

karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: How do you fish brown water?

Post by karstopo »

It’s all good. Good information on the brown water. Love these threads. Lots of good stuff being shared by Tobin and others. Makes me want to go fishing and see what’s out there. I’m also grateful for all the fine fishermen that have bounced around terrific information on this board. I’m grateful for the amazing folks that I’ve been lucky enough to fish with. The things I’ve learned from them and the good times we’ve shared are priceless. It’s not a bad thing to have a gratitude list. I’m grateful for the very fine resource we have, the abundant public waters up and down the coast. I do love Texas and feel uncommonly lucky to call it home.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

karstopo wrote:It’s all good. Good information on the brown water. Love these threads. Lots of good stuff being shared by Tobin and others. Makes me want to go fishing and see what’s out there. I’m also grateful for all the fine fishermen that have bounced around terrific information on this board. I’m grateful for the amazing folks that I’ve been lucky enough to fish with. The things I’ve learned from them and the good times we’ve shared are priceless. It’s not a bad thing to have a gratitude list. I’m grateful for the very fine resource we have, the abundant public waters up and down the coast. I do love Texas and feel uncommonly lucky to call it home.
Completely agree about the gratitude list. I struggle to remember that sometimes but gratefully, I have a wife that reminds me on occasion (see what I did there?) :D I heard someone on the radio once say that a study was done of people who were truly happy in life and the one common trait that they all shared was gratitude. Its a pretty powerful thing indeed!
gotmuddy

Post by gotmuddy »

This has been a great post, wish I could give greenies. We are going down there this week and plan on fishing the cut and bayous. I hope to give a great report, the river gauge looks good and no more rain this week.
TimmyT140

Post by TimmyT140 »

Castblastkick wrote:First, why is the water brown? Is it wind blown mud and silt in the water? Or is it a brown tide algae bloom? Or is it a giant pod of reds beating the bottom (we can only hope) lol

Some guys can do really well in brown tide, but I’d rather avoid it all together and search for cleaner water. I’d search for good bait action if I had to fish it.

If it is a wind blown situation, then it can be utilized for better in certain situations.
A loud top water or piping cork over a tout can be a game changer in muddy water. Some of the best days of fishing I’ve ever had were on windy muddy days. The key was to get to an area the bait would either escape to, or be forced into such as a tidal edge or protected water. Finding the bait is king in these situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most of the upper coast in inundated with fresh water right now. That's the brown water he's talking about.
TimmyT140

Post by TimmyT140 »

Castblastkick

Post by Castblastkick »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Most of the upper coast in inundated with fresh water right now. That's the brown water he's talking about.[/quote]

That freshwater is rough. It killed a ton of my favorite spots down south several years ago. The broad band turtle grass was an oasis of life, but the fresh water killed nearly all of it.

That’s another exciting aspect of fishing though, you can always learn more and expand on it your whole life. When one method fails try try again lol.

Great info on this thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk