The Weekend Outdoorsman (NEW)

koupe1447

The Weekend Outdoorsman (NEW)

Post by koupe1447 »

Hey guys check out this new youtube thing I am starting up and lemme know what you think!

https://youtu.be/uxW1EO8k18E
Crusader

Re: The Weekend Outdoorsman (NEW)

Post by Crusader »

Looks decent for 2 mins flick. Two notes though:
- too loud, I suggest 'loudness normalization' process (google it up)
- I might be somewhat out of touch, but afaik begging for subscribers is frowned upon nowadays
koupe1447

Post by koupe1447 »

Crusader wrote:Looks decent for 2 mins flick. Two notes though:
- too loud, I suggest 'loudness normalization' process (google it up)
- I might be somewhat out of touch, but afaik begging for subscribers is frowned upon nowadays

Hey Crusader;
TWO NOTES for you:
- Who said anything about begging??? I clearly state for y'all to go check it out.
- Turn your computer volume down for "loudness normalization"
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Well Crusader you nailed it perfectly. It seems that the poster did not really want to know what you think.
koupe1447

Post by koupe1447 »

texnomad wrote:Well Crusader you nailed it perfectly. It seems that the poster did not really want to know what you think.
Hey, I don't mind constructive criticism at all. That's why I put it up. But when you bash me and claim that I am a beggar that's when I have a problem and won't deal with stupid stuff like that. Find something else better to do other than bash me and be a troll.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

koupe1447 wrote:Hey Crusader;
TWO NOTES for you:
- Who said anything about begging??? I clearly state for y'all to go check it out.
- Turn your computer volume down for "loudness normalization"
Well, by the tone of your response I must conclude you were offended by my comment. I have couple of options here: ignore, reply with an insult or try to clarify. I'll try "clarification":

1. As far as I know "begging for subscribers" is a jargon in youtube world which broadly describes additional actions/encouragement by content creator aimed to increase their subscription base. Lately it became unpopular (again, as far as I know) because too many do it too often and it is widely viewed as annoying and unnecessary. It doesn't mean you literally begged for it -- I was referring to "hit subscribe button" message in the video

2. "Loudness normalization" -- no one likes changing volume for every video on youtube. In fact, advertisers on TV are constantly under fire for pushing volume up. There are guidelines on this somewhere on youtube -- they have "reference" volume level and creators are supposed to stick to it (more or less). There are tools that allow you to estimate your avg volume lvl and adjust it, if need be.

It wasn't my intent to insult you in any way. Just tried to provide some advice.
texnomad wrote:Well Crusader you nailed it perfectly. It seems that the poster did not really want to know what you think.
It's ok -- just a misunderstanding on some terms, nothing that can't be sorted out :-)
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Crusader, you did fine. Mixing metaphors, the troll is on the other foot.

I'll be honest that I didn't check out the youtube, and won't. At least not without supporting narrative on the forum, which is the purpose of the forum - not simply posting seemingly random links to other formats.
I.e., here's a video about..., and tell the story here. Then if that sounds interesting, may click on the link.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Trolls... :lol:

This post went South fast... :lol:
gene1966

Post by gene1966 »

Well Crusader well said...i thought it was too loud also, and need some dialogue, I don't want too watch a fishing video and just hear music!!!