Trying to keep wife happy!

Michael Meyer

Trying to keep wife happy!

Post by Michael Meyer »

My wife and I transport our two yaks by towing them behind a 2014 Kia Sorento.

I want to install an inside the car rod holder to use to carry our four fishing rods easier. This is a picture of the rod holder.
Photo.png
The rod holder consist of two mesh straps; each strap have some smaller strips with Velcro to fasten over each rod. The mesh straps are held close to the roof of the Kia by a clip on each end which hooks into a ring which has been permanently screwed into each side of the cabin. These are pictures of the clips.
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
As I said, this is my wife's car. We have been married for 43 years. I don't want to screw up the installation of the rings and mess up the way the car looks because I want to be married for 44 years. :lol:

What is the best way to install the rings into the side of the interior of the Kia?

I appreciate any help you might give.
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Trying to keep wife happy!

Post by texnomad »

Sounds like a good reason to purchase you a fishing vehicle to modify and leave her car alone. I can talk like that since I am in my 23 year of being single.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Trying to keep wife happy!

Post by kickingback »

Try these...you may find smaller and cheaper but if you want the rods to stay over bumpy roads...wet them a small bit before suctioning to windows.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747WQLZ5/re ... 21805f7331