Kayak, Saltwater, Finally

karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Kayak, Saltwater, Finally

Post by karstopo »

I think I’ve been in the seat of my Commander kayak 2 times this year. This afternoon was the second time. I almost missed out on that when I drove to Surfside and saw the gorgeous blue green surf. I stared at the water but nothing ever showed, so off to the marsh it was.

First cast into the falling tide got me a good take. Wait a minute, can we try that again I wasn’t ready? I cast around the spot as if the fish was really listening and ready to comply.

Moved into a muddy zone of about a foot of water. There were mud boils here and I fancy I can tell a redfish from a mullet. Turns out I can’t since I got a sheepshead instead. So that’s like number 4, I’m batting about .002 on those.

More boils, more fish, this time a redfish. Then how about another. That vein played out and I moved to the edge of a deep channel. Cast, take, run, nothing. Next time, I’ll check my tippet to mid section blood knot. Maybe another fish or two. Took on water when a giant snapper charter blew by. Decided that was my cue to exit. I was way out of kayaking with the fly rod shape. But it was fun. Got the juices flowing for sure. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Kayak, Saltwater, Finally

Post by Cuervo Jones »

That sheepshead looks like he’s got some funny stories to tell. Still haven’t caught any but I’ve seen them a few times. I’m thinking I need to get salty again next week too. Your tale is an inspiration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

It's about time someone had a little luck. Hasn't been many good stories in quite a while. Glad you had a good day.

Cliff
LUISJG
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LUISJG »

cool. nice catch
thAbstract

Post by thAbstract »

Enjoyed the read...nice writing!