How many of you have had a YouTuber expose one of your favorite spots?

kboy2379

Re: How many of you have had a YouTuber expose one of your favorite spots?

Post by kboy2379 »

Chubs wrote:Welcome aboard nick. Glad to have you here and I enjoy your videos too
Thanks for the support! I’m glad to be on this forum! It’s great to see a community that shares the same interest.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

these forums are priceless if you live in texas... or the USA for that matter...
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

Chubs wrote:Sort of off topic/ on topic? How do you watch old live streams? I wanted to see some of the thresher live streams but I don't see the ones you were talking about on his channel :(
check your notifications on youtube they may still show in there, i just accessed texas redfish hunters livestream from 2 days ago that way but when i clicked load more nothing happend was trying to get threshers to pop up
dead wait

Post by dead wait »

I've never seen a post get deleted so fast in all my life. That's freakin hilarious.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Aw man, what'd I miss lol :horse:
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Wasn’t even up long enough for all the TKF trolls and self-appointed guardians to empty their colostomy bags and start typing insults and rants. SAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dead wait

Post by dead wait »

I warned the fella about it.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Wasn’t even up long enough for all the TKF trolls and self-appointed guardians to empty their colostomy bags and start typing insults and rants. SAD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to empty my colostomy bag and type a rant that the post disappeared!!!! :mrgreen:
tyler.tasker

Post by tyler.tasker »

I really did want to leave it up, I laughed for a good 45 minutes till I realized every numbnut who googled redfish heaven would go straight to my post. If anybody wants to know the location of the magical culvert I'll divulge via PM, but you have to promise to teach me how to fish it. But it'd probably be easier if you watched the YouTube video, observed the landmarks around the entrance and looked around a town that starts with a P. That'd sure be easier than teaching me to fish.
TrailChaser

Post by TrailChaser »

tyler.tasker wrote:I really did want to leave it up, I laughed for a good 45 minutes till I realized every numbnut who googled redfish heaven would go straight to my post. If anybody wants to know the location of the magical culvert I'll divulge via PM, but you have to promise to teach me how to fish it. But it'd probably be easier if you watched the YouTube video, observed the landmarks around the entrance and looked around a town that starts with a P. That'd sure be easier than teaching me to fish.
Just an FYI to everyone.. You do not need to go to a secret location to catch fish. Our bays are flush with reds and specks, you just need to know how and where to find them at locations that are already local to you and easy to access.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but if you really want to maximize your time on the water... http://www.troutsupport.com They say that 90% of the fish are caught by the 10% who have watched Tobins videos. Seriously tho, knowledge and experience is what will put more fish in your kayak, not some spot you saw a random youtuber fishing at.

Honestly speaking, I haven't fished that culvert accessed marsh in well over a year simply because I can list over a dozen spots that have far better fish holding capacity and way less hazards, and drama from the land owners/lease holders.

To the guys/gals who find the culvert and go there to fish. Here's some advice.
First, going thru that culvert will be one of the most dangerous things you will probably ever do on your kayak. The water can be low and calm on your way in,(slack tide at the low end) but a raging rapid complete with waves and tons of water ripping into the tunnel that you're trying to exit after spending a couple of hours in the marsh. The diameter of the tunnel is 6' so it's big enough to get crossed up(were your bow is touching one side and the current has your stern pinned to the other side) and if that happens you'll probably dig in, get tossed in the drink, and chewed up by the barnacles covering the sides while you pull you get your kayak out.

(this was planned out and we deemed it "safe" because we went in on a short high tide with a high tidal coefficient knowing that we would have the current in our favor) My buddy asked that I not put his exit on youtube, but he had a more sketchy ride out than what you see in the video. We were both pretty nervous about having to make that exit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMbiT2hVsWM

Second, That's the most monitored piece of water I've ever fished on the Texas coast. DO NOT get out of your kayak while you're back there. The land owner/lease holders are ridiculously serious about keeping us off their slice of heaven. Don't get me wrong, every one of them I've talked to seemed like "regular" nice guys. Being nice to someone who's lawfully on the water doesn't green light being nice to trespassers..just pee into a scupper hole. lol
LUISJG
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LUISJG »

I always share all my fav. locations on youtube or groups,
if it wasnt for those who do , I would never find my favorite locations.
not very accesible by kayak but everyone should have a chance to see such beauty places.