Thursday night, May 31 - Tiki?

mwatson71

Thursday night, May 31 - Tiki?

Post by mwatson71 »

I'm thinking about hitting Tiki on Thursday night. Anyone interested?
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Thursday night, May 31 - Tiki?

Post by kickingback »

I may go. If I go I will be on the water by 7 pm and recovering about 8 am.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

I'm interested but I'll have to see how the week goes. It's probably not going to happen for me though cause I need to work Friday.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Given that I rolled into my driveway around 5:30a this morning after staying out all night with my kids and a couple of their friends at the Galveston Fishing Pier, I am not going to make it out tonight.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Me neither. Winds too high. Sorry.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Hey Mike & KickingBack, I'm under the Galveston Causeway in 25 mph gusts taking waves to my head & needing to call in a rescue helicopter or something really big before the midnight bull tide.
Just kidding! I'm home reading TKF fishing reports. You guys got my hopes up then cratered! Shoffer is tied up with legal work & pesky kidney stones, arghhhh! That "Green Water to the beach" was gone in one day.
Next time please give us more than half-a-day notice on a group kayak trip! Thanks, men & fellow night-warriors. See you on the salty waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Gents - I passed the stone (wow - that was fun), but I start a three week trial on Monday, so my fishing time will be limited to potential Thursday, Friday, or Sat. nights. Hope to get out there if the wind conditions are right. That moon I see every time I drive home at 10 pm from the office is sure enticing.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Shoffer, good luck in trial. I'm not sure of your crazy or a genius trying to get in fishing during trial.

DD, I would normally give more notice but I had a couple of nights free up at the last minute. With that in mind, anyone want to go June 6 or 7?
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Mike, June 7th is a Thursday night, so it meets Shoffer's exacting trial lawyer schedule. If you guys would retire like me, we could go when the winds & tides were best (ha, ha)...
I'll confer w/ Shoffer & hope to meet you next Thursday evening at some agreeable launch point, weather permitting. No tournament trophies this time, only bragging rights & embarrassing action photos!
IMG_6714.JPG

mwatson71

Re: Thursday night, June 7 - Tiki?

Post by mwatson71 »

If I had a trailer I'd load you up and you could come out this Thursday. Work prevents me from going next Thursday. Or Shoffer could just settle and we could all go this Thursday.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks, Mike! Am waiting for Shoffer to chime in. All I know is it's almost too damn hot to fish during daylight hours!

mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Hopefully he is preparing for trial and getting ready to kick some butt. Then he can retire with you and fish full time.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Gents - Thursday night might be a go for me. Trial now starts Tuesday, but Fridays are still off days. Let me see how things shake out Thursday, and I will chime in. Current wind forecast looks do-able for a South shoreline launch. Tiki/Causeway likely too rough, but tides and solunar are weak.
Capture.JPG
However, let's definitely plan June 14 - Thursday night/Friday morning combo - San Luis Pass, most likely. Launch at like 1 am and fish until the sunrise bite shuts off around 10 am or so. Tides and solunar look amazing - strong incoming all morning with a three fish major feed that starts at the beginning of the tide movement and a minor at the top:
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (30.72 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
Capture4.JPG
My family will be out of town that night, so I am free to fish my ass off.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Capt. Shoffer:
Thanks for all that excellent fishing information & personal data. However, you are now in jeopardy of giving away some of our secret fishing spots & tactics. As your senior captain, I must order you to take this conversation to PM status or use approved email addresses only. I will mete out your punishment later after I've sobered up & settled down. Keel-hauling you slowly under your Outback might be too good for you.
I don't want two young hotshot fishing lawyers like you & M. Watson to get too friendly & maybe start plotting behind my back. I don't hear so good anymore, & my Kung Fu fury won't last forever.
Thanks, Shoffer. You're my loyal fishing buddy. See you Thursday night. Let's put on a show for M. Watson.
"Yellow Outbacks aweigh..."
IMG_6712.JPG

Chubs

Post by Chubs »

I appreciate the public banter :P.

I'll see if I can make it next Thursday. I'm planning on fishing this Saturday at the MDLR lures tournament though. So I might be using up my fishing day for the month :(

If it's the middle of the night though maybe I can feign sleep, sneak out and be back before she knows I'm gone! If she does wake up and notice I'm gone I'll say I'm having an affair!!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Hey Chub! Come join in our Thursday nighttime fishing fun! Still waiting on confirmation from Shoffer, but here's hoping he gets a "night pass" from his law firm & many family duties... With all his smart fishing analytics, Shoffer usually decides on where we launch.
I'm about to have a painful & broken wisdom tooth extracted today, so watch out Thursday for a Kung Fu captain w/ an attitude & big swollen left jaw! I'll be counting on you young guys to put me on some solid specks & reds!
Let's catch a few & write it up for our TKF fans.

P.S. Here I am in hippie Woodstock outfit for my upcoming 50th high school Reunion... Oh my.
IMG_6788.JPG

mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Given DD's oral extraction and the better conditions June 14-15, I would be willing to postpone this Thursday and schedule a trip for next Thursday. I would also be willing to do both if all up for it.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Love your schedule flexibility, Mike! I'm still hoping to go THIS Thursday night, & still hoping to hear from Capt. Shoffer!
My tooth extraction today was bloody, but successful. Be careful gobbling down raw almonds... One of those hard nuts fractured my back molar! I need some fishing to get over the pain.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Just heard from Shoffer, who is free to fish TONIGHT!
Our plan: launch 3am (technically Friday morning!) @ Sea Isle "back ramp" to fish those canals; at sunrise head into the bay around Snake Island for some daytime action. Last year we limited out there on legal specks under the birds!
So far I've heard from MWatson, KickingBack & Chubs, but all are invited. More the merrier. See you tomorrow morning, early! Let's go GET SOMEImageImage️!
IMG_6708.JPG

Chubs

Post by Chubs »

How'd you guys do? Maybe you're still out there :P

The ship is still out on if I can come next Thursday or not. Hope so cause those predictions got me all excited lol.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Don't worry, Chubs. I wrote down your name in the sacred fishbook & hope to meet you & your Chubby-yak real soon. But meantime, we gotta fish! It's ON for tonight/tomorrow morning, 3am, Sea Isle! Shoffer is chomping at the bit & ready to rumble!
IMG_6478.GIF
IMG_6478.GIF (945.19 KiB) Viewed 3176 times

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Sorry guys I cannot make this one. My son needs my car early Friday morning. Good luck to all!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

KickingBack, your name has been in our Fishbook since the Great NIGHTTIME TOURNEY! We shall save you a spot for our next yak expedition.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Thanks brother! :wink:
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »