Drones for catching - illegal?

Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Drones for catching - illegal?

Post by Drifting Yak »

Saw this on the TKF FB site and thought it was interesting. Did not know that it was illegal to use a drone to locate and catch fish (or any other wildlife) without a permit.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/warden/law-enfor ... rones-uavs
TxGulfCoast

Re: Drones for catching - illegal?

Post by TxGulfCoast »

Seems to be geared more towards hunting.... or at least that’s how I take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

You're link seems to refer to hunting.

For fishing you can't use anything other than rod & reel for game fish. Non game I guess you could. I've heard of people using drones to carry baits to distances out of casting range using a rig which allows them to drop the main and bring back the drone. Been used to take baits farther out past the breakers when surf fishing and placing baits near dams past the restriction lines. The former I've never heard of issues from GW, the latter they seem to frown upon it.
ben_beyer

Post by ben_beyer »

As an RC pilot, I hope there comes a lot of regulations specifically for "drones" that passes over hobbyists flying line of sight.

Too many stupid people flying drone where they shouldn't. In fact there is the possibility that their lack of responsibility that the RC hobby could come to an end in September in the USA depending upon what legislation is passed.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

There was a recent auto accident in Austin where STAR flight was delayed in landing due to a couple drones filming the scene.