A Different Kayak Sonar/Depthfinder/Fishfinder

Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

A Different Kayak Sonar/Depthfinder/Fishfinder

Post by Harold Ray »

Has anyone used one of these. If so, how do you like it. What do you think of the concept?

https://deepersonar.com/en/kayak-fishing/

I saw it used in a video on YouTube. It appeared to work well with the visual coming up on your phone.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Ray
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: A Different Kayak Sonar/Depthfinder/Fishfinder

Post by TroutSupport.com »

not super practicle for our shallow texas bays. It would be useful fishing the bayous in the winter though. I find that anywhere it's deeper than 12 feet then a sonar unit can be semi useful. greater than 15' for sure. Great for Bass fishing freshwater impoundments.

Also, with something like that you have to look at how you're going to keep your phone charged.. I'm sure there are ways to connect a 12v charger usb port out from a battery though. It's doable.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Ya I've never heard about it. I'm sure it is a nice idea and no cables sounds nice. Charge everything up before you go and sure you'd be fine. But ya, you will drain your phones batteries fast.

Granted I've got a fish finder and don't find myself looking at it too much. It's not really necessary for inshore fishing, but it's a nice to have type thing.
You can know the approximate depths and water temperature - which is good for summer/ winter , find the warmer/ cooler water and the fish may be more likely to be in those spots.

It can help find a drop off too or the main channel of a bayou etc. This can again be good if you think fish would have retreated to deeper water for the day/ or if you want to cast in a particular way to the dropoff.

Not super important, but at the end of the day info is info, it's up to you to make use of it.

Note at our shallow depths and slow speeds, I never mark fish in my finder nor would I trust what it's saying.
the fish finder

Post by the fish finder »

I use the deeper and it works in any condition. Runs through my phone. Easiest setup by far. No wires or drilling, 12v batteries etc. Simply charge and drop in the water
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

How well does it work compared to a brand name sonar? Would be cool to have one to use in tight spots!
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

I saw a fellow on YouTube who just set it on the side of his kayak with the little unit they sell to hold it. He bent the head into the water surface and paddled off. It looked like a good image and he did well. THat’s all I know about it, but really thought it was interesting. It sidesteps severel installation worries for the other brands.

How long have you owned your’s.

Thanks!

Ray