Guadalupe River

Cigarsnjeeps

Guadalupe River

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Headed out to camp in New Braunfels this weekend to do a shakedown run on the new fish shack. Didn't do too bad, got my first brownie. Saw him hit and he must have spit it just as I set, because I hooked him on the head. Also had a really nice bow on, but he outsmarted me and took a run as I was reaching for my net and hooked my lead nymph in my calf and broke off. Smart dude. And missed a couple others because I was late on the set. Overall a good weekend. I needed it.ImageImageImage

@cigarsnjeeps
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Guadalupe River

Post by kickingback »

Very nice setup. Glad you had a good time. Thanks for sharing!
Welderdude

Post by Welderdude »

Nice Winnie. What campground did you stay ?
Cigarsnjeeps

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Thanks guys. I stayed at the Rio Guadalupe because I was going to use their shuttle service to drop me at Whitewater and float back down to Rio to test out my new watermaster raft, but never got aeound to testing out the raft. Nice park.

@cigarsnjeeps
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

spring fishing is wonderful, but you to be pretty much be done by 10am - that's when the tubers hatch
Cigarsnjeeps

Re: RE: Re: Guadalupe River

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Ron Mc wrote:spring fishing is wonderful, but you to be pretty much be done by 10am - that's when the tubers hatch
Yep. Pretty much. It isn't bad yet. I only had two kayakers come by the whole time I was out there, but I was off the river by 11.

@cigarsnjeeps
pontoonman

Post by pontoonman »

Tube hatch is easy to avoid even during peak hours by staying away from the heavy use launch/retrieve areas. Beginning of trophy zone to at least horseshoe is usually quiet even in Summer.

PM
pontoonman

Post by pontoonman »

pontoonman wrote:Tube hatch is easy to avoid even during peak hours by staying away from the heavy use launch/retrieve sections. Bank flyfishermen tend to bunch up at the easy access places of low traffic. Beginning of trophy zone to at least horseshoe is usually quiet even in Summer, accessible with a floating device.

PM
yngc277

Post by yngc277 »

That sounds/looks awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk