Colorado River Access

Cigarsnjeeps

Colorado River Access

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Anyone floated and fished the Colorado from John Trevino Jr. Metro park to Toll 130, it Toll 130 to Austins Colony Neighborhood park? Looks like pretty good access, just curious if anyone has tried it.Image

@cigarsnjeeps
Welderdude

Re: Colorado River Access

Post by Welderdude »

973 to Little Webberville is a good float, not alot of access points in between. If you had access at Austin's Colony, I would put in there and fish up just a little and then go down. I would do the run from 973 to Little Webb with you if I have enough notice to set it up
Blue Devil 7

Post by Blue Devil 7 »

I'm curious about the access at Trevino park. On the satellite view and the Austin interactive park map, it doesn't look like there is much there. Just looks like old farmland with no park like development, parking lot or pathway down to the water.
Cigarsnjeeps

Re: RE: Re: Colorado River Access

Post by Cigarsnjeeps »

Blue Devil 7 wrote:I'm curious about the access at Trevino park. On the satellite view and the Austin interactive park map, it doesn't look like there is much there. Just looks like old farmland with no park like development, parking lot or pathway down to the water.
If you scroll in on Trevino, there is a cone and kayak company there that I have been told will let you put in for a cost.

@cigarsnjeeps
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I think Austin Colony is a private park for the residence and guest of the subdivision. I could be wrong, but I've never seen it listed as a public access point anywhere.

Also, not sure how great the access is at Toll Road 130, may be better just upriver at Del Valle/FM 973.

The Texas River School used to be a TPWD leased access point which meant free launches, but I think that ended a couple years ago.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Blue Devil 7 wrote:I'm curious about the access at Trevino park. On the satellite view and the Austin interactive park map, it doesn't look like there is much there. Just looks like old farmland with no park like development, parking lot or pathway down to the water.
According to Austin's PARD Interactive Map Trevino Park was opened in 2003 but is now closed to the pubic.
Welderdude

Post by Welderdude »

RiverSchool Camp is still a pay for access place, but you have to take into account the wier dam that is just downriver from the camp. I was at 183 yesterday and the access is no tas bad as it has been previously. You have to park on the road, but they have a maintained trail to roll your kayak down. Fishing was not as good as the trail, which was a disappoinment.