Rough Canyon and the Devil

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Rough Canyon and the Devil

Post by Aggroman »

Thought y'all might like some Amistad pics, even though we were in the canoe not yaks this trip.

In the last 15 years, I have never gone more than a month or so without fishing. For a long time it was 1-2 times a week. Well, times have changed. Work, family, etc. It's been seven months. No idea how I let that happen. But this past weekend, I took off and headed south to Amistad. It was going to be a quick trip, but I didn't care. I met up with a buddy, who was already down there, at the Rough Canyon boat ramp around 3pm Saturday. I threw my fishing and camping gear in the boat and we were gone. We went last year in February, and caught more whites, striper, smallies, and blacks than I ever had in one trip. We hoped this would be the same this time. Unfortunately, it was a lot tougher this time. We caught fish, but in fewer quantities and quality. The biggest thing I caught was a 3 pound tilapia that got in the way of my crank. My buddy said the weather had been pretty lame since Wednesday and I knew it was supposed to clear up and the wind calm down. And man, did it ever. Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. It was warm, and the water was smooth as glass.

Here are some more from yesterday and Saturday evening.

We ate pretty good too.

Saturday night I tried to work with the stars, but the moon had other ideas. Long exposures and a big moon don't go together. Not what I was hoping for, but beggars can't be choosers. :) This one was taken at midnight. Some stars visible, but it looks more like daytime.

I can't wait to get back down there.

Thanks for lookin',
Scott
bmbmd

Re: Rough Canyon and the Devil

Post by bmbmd »

Gotta love Rough Canyon. Thanks.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I’m trying desperately to carve out time this year to get to Amistad. Looks absolutely spectacular!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Thanks guys!
Centexfisherman

Post by Centexfisherman »

Man those are beautiful pictures. Great job!!
Thinwater skinner
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Thinwater skinner »

Thanks for sharing.... Great photos!!!!