Popping Cork Differences

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Popping Cork Differences

Post by Yaklash »

Different forms of fishing - different corks.

If I am drift fishing for trout, I'll use an oval shaped weighted clicker cork (cork slides on a wire with beads). I get casting distance and a good "pop" with as little effort as possible.

For live bait fishing or imitation shrimp, I like the Mansfield Maulers in as small a size as I can find. The things barely stay above water, which is what I want. Years of live bait fishing the jetties taught me that when trout take a bait hanging from a cork and feel resistance, they tend to spit the bait. A large buoyant cork offers enough resistance that we'd miss a lot of trout. This had us free-lining more than cork fishing, but you get a lot of hang-ups free-lining. And then a famous jetty guru guide told us to use the Maulers and the catch ratio went up noticeably.

I used to use Maulers to fish soft plastics over heavy grass in the LLM (what they were invented for), but now that I have my TSL Grasswalkers, I'm good.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

we use 3" mansfield maulers for pier fishing with live shrimp, a 4' leader and 1/0 kahle hook, UL tackle (the smaller the shrimp, the better). No question when you get a strike.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Hey, all: That's what is really great about this Forum; Many guys out there have a lot of knowledge about a lot of things, and they're willing to share with us all! Thanks to everyone.

TexasJim
SteeleKnight

Post by SteeleKnight »

Fun Factory Kayak & Tackle In Corpus Christi has them Woody Cork Floats.
SteeleKnight

Post by SteeleKnight »

Fin Factory
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

Thank y'all for this great thread. I am enjoying it.

Is this the Inticer you are talking about: http://www.saltwater-fishing-texas.com/ ... ducts.html
Attachments
inticer popping cork.jpg
inticer popping cork.jpg (22.08 KiB) Viewed 3262 times
Harold Ray
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Harold Ray »

P.S.
Or similar to the one Tombo gave you?
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

That's it. Drawback for me was getting tangled around my fishing rod and knots around the top eye. This rig does cast a long way.
bing

Post by bing »

i use many
different pop/slurp sounds, different weight for wind/wave conditions, one with lots of clicks
and a silent slider to flip the lure without moving the cork cuz it has a back slide weight.

if you cant call the fish to the bait/lure .. it's just a float
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

"The Inticer", assuming only one company makes a popping cork with that name is made by MidCoast Products. I use the "Evolution" model by them. It launches a mile and makes a very nice pop and splash.

The Woodie Cork, which I have used on a few occasions, did not seem to offer as nice of a sound.

Both of these products I have purchased in Victoria at The Tackle Box.