Hogs

Floundapounda122

Hogs

Post by Floundapounda122 »

How long does it take for a hog to come back after shot at and missed?
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Hogs

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

Assume you mean with a rifle. Big solitary boars are unpredictable at best. He's probably gone. But if it was a sounder they just regrouped and went to the next feeder on your
place or the neighbors. If nobody is pushing them they will be back on schedule. Sometimes
a few of the small hogs will trickle back in shortly after a shot but not the norm.
Floundapounda122

Post by Floundapounda122 »

Thanks for the help LOOKIN4REDS! I was in burton Texas today and I was locking up the deer stand getting ready to head back to the house when i looked across the field and saw 3 (about 175lbs) hogs. I got so excited that I completely missed :lol: ! I decided to stay there for For a little while but they never came back.
dwilliams35
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by dwilliams35 »

Depends on whether you really missed, or just hit him somewhere that didn't quickly take him down. If it's just noise, they'll come back pretty quick. If they've got part of their small intestine blown up, who knows...
Taz

Post by Taz »

Get you a trap. They don't run off and it's hard to miss!
There's Nothing like having your hunting done for you.
The only down side is when you walk up and discover that instead of the one or two hogs you wanted them hogs are stacked in there like cord wood and your pleasant day of "hunting" just turned into a full day of backbreaking WORK!
mnfrea

Post by mnfrea »

Depends on how much they've been hunted I think. Just recently had a group of hogs come up to the feeder and shot at and missed one of the bigger ones(150-200 lbs). After that I decided to leave and set out a game camera, they were back 2 hours later. I guess they haven't felt a lot of hunting pressure
emmetrock

Post by emmetrock »

So how did the hunt turn out? Did you completely lose the hog?