Need help with a whitebass trip

Longliner

Need help with a whitebass trip

Post by Longliner »

I'm waiting to take my grandson on a kayak trip down a quiet scenic not to populated river somewhere within 100mile radius of Austin for some whitebass fishing. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Need help with a whitebass trip

Post by Ron Mc »

North fork of the San Gabriel.
You can float from US 183 to Tejas Camp - there are some dams that would require portage. The fishing is great usually for miles either side of Tejas Camp depending on the lake level.

Another good float would be the San Gabriel above Grainger, Circleville to Willis Co. Park. Another nicely spread-out run.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Longliner..... I have a few locations that you and your grandson will love. I have taken my boys there and they keep asking me to take them back every year. PM me with your number and I will be happy to call ya. Tight lines!! :)
Longliner

Post by Longliner »

[quote="Ron Mc"]North fork of the San Gabriel.
You can float from US 183 to Tejas Camp - there are some dams that would require portage. The fishing is great usually for miles either side of Tejas Camp depending on the lake level.

Another good float would be the San Gabriel above Grainger, Circleville to Willis Co. Park. Another nicely spread-out run.[/quote
I'll keep that in mind thank you
hipshot
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: New Caney ............... OK Trident 13, Dagger Cayman, OK Torque, Soloskiff

Post by hipshot »

Haven't been there myself, but I have seen a lot of good feedback on fishing the white bass run at Colorado Bend State Park.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

hipshot wrote:Haven't been there myself, but I have seen a lot of good feedback on fishing the white bass run at Colorado Bend State Park.
Floating between Bend SP and Lemmon's Camp would put you on fish others couldn't access and also keep you out of the crowds. It's a pretty good haul to get there, though.

The lower Colorado down to Webberville is another good float, with big, native white bass.
raruga

Post by raruga »

My suggestion was going to be to reach out to yakety_yak but I see he reached out to you. Try one of the spots he will recommend, he will not steer you wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pontoonman

Post by pontoonman »

Reimer ranch if you can there during the run weekdays and the water level is not too low. Guess those conditions applies to all locations.

PM