Trinity Bay????

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Trinity Bay????

Post by Yaklash »

I see the salinity levels in Trinity have bounced back somewhat from the state of being that was prior to and worse from Harvey. Appears to be some fishable water and maybe some fish to be caught.

Anybody have any reports or even rumors?

https://www.tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/o ... ty_nowcast
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Trinity Bay????

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Yeah, there's some good rumors going around. ;-) I think they're keeping it hush hush because conditions are right for it.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

This next front ought to work some interesting voodoo in the bays. Time to start dreaming of silver gators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

There has been a few silver gators showing up at the cleaning tables in Aransas Pass lately.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Trinity Bay????

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Looks nice today. Not much wind and pretty good salinity.

bigred90gt

Post by bigred90gt »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Looks nice today. Not much wind and pretty good salinity.
That almost looks like Atkinson Island. I keep telling myself I’m going to go in there and check it out, but I just haven’t yet.

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I watched a guy wading and a boat full of guys casting for about half an hour. Nobody caught anything. The wader came back to his car empty handed. But maybe he catches and releases like I do.

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Cuervo Jones wrote:I watched a guy wading and a boat full of guys casting for about half an hour. Nobody caught anything. The wader came back to his car empty handed. But maybe he catches and releases like I do.
Thank you for the intel. That area is usually not a wader's paradise this time of year
bigred90gt

Trinity Bay????

Post by bigred90gt »

This front took the water right out of the bay. For those familiar with the area near Thompson’s and Evergreen Road by the bridge, here are a few pics. The first one is on Evergreen rd looking into the bay (at the bend in the road right past the old oil fields). The water is gone all the way out to the power lines. That is right around 3/4 of a mile from the bank. The second and 3rd are pics of the old pier that Ike destroyed at the RV park off Tri City Beach rd about 2 miles before Thompson’s, right where the canal coming off Cedar Bayou comes out. There is usually 2-3 feet of water up against the bulkhead. Image
ImageImage

In the 2 map pictures, the first is where the first pic was taken. You can see the power lines in the lower part of the pic. The second one the pin is where it was taken. Thompson’s is by the mouth of the Bayou in the lower part of the pic for reference. Image

screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

Cuervo Jones wrote:I watched a guy wading and a boat full of guys casting for about half an hour. Nobody caught anything. The wader came back to his car empty handed. But maybe he catches and releases like I do.

LOL yo that may have been me... was he driving an older white chevy truck with black front fenders and hood? and were you in an suv with a woman?
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Trinity Bay????

Post by Cuervo Jones »

That was us. Mrs. Cuervo and I were out investigating reports of a downed flying saucer like Special Agents Mulder and Scully. I mean, sure it was 1947, but you never know!
http://ufologie.patrickgross.org/rw/p/a ... ul1947.htm

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

screwston420 wrote:

LOL yo that may have been me... was he driving an older white chevy truck with black front fenders and hood? and were you in an suv with a woman?
Awwwwww...we seem to have us a TKF Cute Meet
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

lol cool, i was passing thru the area and decided to stop and wade it... no bait or fish in sight :/
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

DandyDon and I fished lower Trinity on MLK day in an area where we have always caught fish this time of year. Both of us skunked in four hours of fishing - not a bite. Tide may have been a little strong, but who knows. Afterwards, we drove around Ft. Anahuac. One boat trailer in the parking lot on a low wind, MLK day. The peninsula is now different. Most of the reeds and vegetation that lined the western shoreline is gone. Rocks have been placed along the shoreline where we used to launch to get into the pocket, and they put up posts and steel cable so you cannot drive off-road to launch the yaks by the shoreline like we could in 2010-2012. And, lest anyone forget, Upper Trinity is so shallow that winter time tides and water levels have the water more than 100 yards from the shoreline. In my view, that area is now very different that it used to be, and upper Trinity is a place I will likely never kayak fish again. So sad.

I went out with Guide Tim Young last June and caught trout in lower Trinity, but it was after big April rains but before Harvey. We caught our fish around the ship channel areas where salinity was better. I am sure Smith Point area will remain productive, but after my last trip, I doubt I will be back anytime soon.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

It will be back... That place you mentioned was likely closed off because some morons trashed the place -- last time I've launched there garbage was everywhere.