Two Best Instructional DVDs for a Kayaker - For Christmas

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Two Best Instructional DVDs for a Kayaker - For Christmas

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I've always gotten a lot of questions as to which Trout Support DVD a kayaker should get, and hands down it's the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Redfish DVD. The reason is that
  • they are made for shallower environment that kayakers spend most of their time in.
  • These DVDs are not the typical blah blah blah either. I've watched others 'instructional' programs and they spend 90% of their time on the mundane simple stuff that you could get from a you tube clip;
  • Our DVDs focus entirely on finding the fish and shooting clear video of what you need to understand and see on the water to make it happen.
  • These contain about 1 hour 45 min of instruction (2 hours on redfish DVD) with only the smallest amount of watching fishing.
  • 10 guides and me, coastal ecologist, to overlay graphics, and aerials so you totally get into the guides heads and you get to watch them over and over.
They are about as close to on the water instruction as you can get and perhaps better because on the water instruction can not pull out aerials and make 3D graphics, and it's not like you're going to snorkel and get underwater images while your with a guide either. We built these to authentically help the angler grow to the next level what ever that may be.

Perfect for your Friends and Family members for Christmas Gifts as well.
As always we stand behind them with a 100% money back guarantee; if you for some reason already know about 20 years of fishing knowledge that's in them, we'll refund your money. What do you have to loose?

Use TKVA147 for 10% off

There is two options streaming or hard disc.. the disc option is at the bottom of the page under 'Physical DVDs'.

http://www.troutsupport.com

Heres' yet another testimonial, I get these pretty much daily now. All I'm saying is don't take my word for them.. ask others on here
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 8.44.49 AM.png
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Two Best Instructional DVDs for a Kayaker - For Christmas

Post by kickingback »

I have to agree that this would make a great Christmas present for anyone that does not have the DVD's already. I have all four DVD's and I have learned so many different new things I didn't know before I got them. Tobin explains in detail what to look for and how to approach and fish different areas with different situations.
As a kayaker the amount of knowledge I gained to assist me in finding and catching more fish has been phenomenal! I am so glad I bought these DVD's and I still to this day pull them out now and again to review things I forgot. This is great if you are in a slump and not catching. It will give you confidence and help you better understand why fish are in a particular area or not based on weather, tide or other fishing factor.
Duweezy

Post by Duweezy »

Any word on when you are going to release a flounder DVD?
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Huh... Actually, I'd buy few hardhead DVDs with Tobin's name on it (April 1st presents). Have few friends that would appreciate it... I am not kidding

Tobin, from pure money-making perspective this idea makes a lot of sense -- you should consider doing it.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

LOL.... you guys are not helping at all. Funny, and making me laugh, but not helping at all.

Flounder DVD has been on hold until the next product is out. Have to finish things in certain order otherwise they never get done. It takes time to make great things.

Just tell your friends to get the DVDs if you liked them.. if you don't have them (Crusader, you're the only one I'm not sure if you have them or not).

So for those of you that have watched the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Redfish DVD... would you recommend them to other kayakers? or do you just like to tease the board sponsors?
Last edited by TroutSupport.com on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

[*]
murraycamp wrote:I thought you were working on the Hardhead DVD next. Should be pretty short. What's the delay Tobin? Geez.
No Soup for You!!!!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Crusader wrote:Huh... Actually, I'd buy few hardhead DVDs with Tobin's name on it (April 1st presents). Have few friends that would appreciate it... I am not kidding

Tobin, from pure money-making perspective this idea makes a lot of sense -- you should consider doing it.
Actually, I've been thinking about making this a You Tube April fools joke. LOL. I think it would have to be Trophy Mullet though, or 'Special Edition - Trophy Mullet on Corkies' LOL.
Mossyoak20

Post by Mossyoak20 »

Funny stuff! But on the serious side. Do yourself a favor and pick up these DVD’s. They will put a knife through the learning curve and get on some great fish in a extremely short period. You do have to pay attention to what you’re watching, there is a ton of information in these videos! Outside of some awesome knowledge your learn from these videos, you have full support from the creator! I’ve personally exchanged numerous emails with Tobin with general fishing questions and some specific information on possibly a secret fishing spot or some techniques that would help with a certain area I’m fishing on a upcoming trip. It is no joke on the Trout”support”.

Billy from SA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duweezy

Post by Duweezy »

I have all four DVDs and I can honestly say that they have helped me become the inshore angler today. Not saying I'm a bada$$ but I've been able to be more consistent catching limits of reds and trout. Out of all of the DVDs, my favorite is the shallow water reds, if you were to at least buy one I would recommend that one. There's so much detail in all of the DVDs, its hard to soak it all in in one viewing.

I asked about the flounder DVD because I want to be more knowledgeable with catching those tasty fish! I honestly think that with a flounder DVD I could make that happen!
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

TroutSupport.com wrote: So for those of you that have watched the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Redfish DVD... would you recommend them to other kayakers?
I agree that these are the two that apply best to kayak fishing.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Just tell your friends to get the DVDs if you liked them.. if you don't have them (Crusader, you're the only one I'm not sure if you have them or not).
I have all four :) They are pretty good and helped me a lot when I was at the bottom of learning curve. Thank you, Tobin -- it is an admirable piece of work. You still need to put a lot of hours on water actively applying this knowledge, though -- without "field work" DVD's lessons quickly fade from memory.
Flounder DVD has been on hold until the next product is out.
Flounder is sorely overfished as it is (in my opinion) -- I both dread and wait in anticipation for this release.
So for those of you that have watched the Big Trout DVD and the Shallow Redfish DVD... would you recommend them to other kayakers?
It depends... I want other kayakers to stay away from my honey holes and prevent them from discovering remaining secrets not covered by your lessons -- therefore I recommend Big Trout DVD. :D

On more serious note -- I never got into big trout fishing. All I learned so far is that big trout fishing is very much about spots -- you could have 3 miles of awesome looking shoreline with only two 4'x4' spots that holds big trout in very specific circumstances. And even if you get a bite on one of them during your 125th drift -- you won't be able to recognize significance of it and soon wind will blow you over that spot. Ideally you know about that spot and approach it on foot and catch few fish before they spook.

Drifting for trout over 5' deep shell reefs in the open sucks from the kayak and is boring too. When they are thinly spread over huge areas with mud and shell in winter (e.g. Trinity bay) -- you can catch a few drifting and grinding entire day (but only if you work your lure right), but it is much easier to simply troll small shallow-diving crankbait.

Fishing for trout on clear-water grassy flats (like Laguna Madre) is different and I don't know much about it -- though I managed to do alright when I went there this summer. Probably thanks to your DVDs. :)

So, yeah, from my perspective shallow redfish dvd is the best for kayaker fishing Galveston bay area. I honestly tried to apply big trout lessons in winter, throwing corkies, making 2h drives to Anahuac NWR -- I wasn't very successful. Maybe I'll try Matagorda this year... But, alas, most of Matty is "too far" for paddler and by the time you get there morning bite is already gone.

I also find trout limits DVDs quite useful -- while you won't be able to chase trout slicks on a kayak, you will be able to understand what's going on and catch fish when opportunity presents itself and you happened to be in the right spot.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks Crusader. Correct on the big trout pattern in Anahuac, that area is too broad and harder to pin point where big fish will be.. there will be some caught there each spring but it's pretty random. There are more specific areas in Galveston and Upper Galveston that you can apply the big trout scenario to. Holla if you need any support with anything at all.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

TroutSupport.com wrote:Thanks Crusader. Correct on the big trout pattern in Anahuac, that area is too broad and harder to pin point where big fish will be.. there will be some caught there each spring but it's pretty random. There are more specific areas in Galveston and Upper Galveston that you can apply the big trout scenario to.
Yes, I know -- there are water inflows, plus massive shell reefs. This creates more spots that concentrate fish (unlike Trinity bay where huge areas are very generic and water movement isn't as pronounced). I dislike fishing Galveston and Upper Galveston area -- too crowded, too open and often too boring.
Holla if you need any support with anything at all.
Thank you, Tobin. Will do. Though (as of now) I am mostly concerned about getting rid of fish caught in 2016 :) -- I stopped taking them ~6 months ago once I realized that my consumption is considerably behind my catching. Since then my fishing is mostly about scouting new places and trying to figure them out.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Crusader wrote:Since then my fishing is mostly about scouting new places and trying to figure them out.
This is actually a really good place to be.. that along with catch and release.. I too catch way more fish than I can eat each year. Good job on getting out there.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

TroutSupport.com wrote:I too catch way more fish than I can eat each year.
Of course! If I can't keep up with my catching -- you probably still have few pounds of trout cheeks from 2008 in your freezer! :mrgreen:
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Yes sir!!! I try to keep it cycled through pretty good. I prefer catching over cleaning, so I release most of them these days like what you are doing.

Here's another thread from a different board, still time to get these for Christmas via digital download
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 9.51.22 AM.png
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

And another, I feel really blessed to have been able to interact with and help anglers reach their goals.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-29 at 9.17.56 AM.png
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Well, it's not Christmas anymore.. but received this yesterday. He caught these fish right after Christmas.
Attachments
Blair in Matty Thank You TroutSupport.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 12.03.45 PM.png