Launch point in Seadrift

lc2hl

Launch point in Seadrift

Post by lc2hl »

I am heading down to Seadrift in a few weeks for a Cast and Blast at Bay Flats Lodge. I am going to head down early with the yak, and was wondering if anyone has launched at Charlie's Bait Camp, or if there is a closer launch point I cannot find on Google Maps heading to marsh areas in Espiritu Santo Bay. Any help would be appreciated as it is a long ride from The Woodlands to investigate some spots...haha! Thanks in advance!
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Launch point in Seadrift

Post by Neumie »

Charlie's Bait Camp is your only option.

Google Maps
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I would add that Charlie's is a good option for kayakers a lot of the year. This time of year, the two bodies of water kayakers fish most out of Charlie's - Shoalwater Bay and The Lagoon - may not be too hot, because colder temps tend to move fish out of that relatively shallow water. Also, I usually find smallish reds back in those areas except where they drain to the main bay. But the south side of the barrier strips between those waters and Espiritu Santo hold fish a lot of the year.
lc2hl

Post by lc2hl »

Thank you for the info. I will give it a shot. Always good to get out and explore some new water.