What are the best kayaks for fishing small inland waters?

charleswilbourn

What are the best kayaks for fishing small inland waters?

Post by charleswilbourn »

Fishing kayaks square measure have soared in quality in recent years, with major sports equipment and outside retailers providing several choices. There square measure currently such a big amount of totally different brands and models of fishing kayaks that it will be arduous to work out that one is best-suited to your desires and value vary. From motorized to expansive, ocean-ready to amateur and fishing able to ‘fishing capable’—we’re here to interrupt it all down. this text can function a guide, therefore, you'll feel assured in selecting the most effective fishing kayak for your desires and budget. Below you’ll notice fishing kayak reviews to assist you to break down what you wish in a very fishing kayak, associate degreed build a sophisticated call once shopping for.

some best fishing kayak list under the below:

Hobie Mirage Outback. ...
Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14. ...
Wilderness Systems Ride 115X. ...
Jackson Kayaks Cuda 12. ...
Old Town Predator 13. ...
Feel free Moken 14. ...
Wilderness Systems Pungo 140. ...
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120.

I hope that's boat are best for small inland waters.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: What are the best kayaks for fishing small inland waters?

Post by kickingback »

Most kayaks you will find you like are the more expensive models but there are some cheaper models that don't have the peddle drives or other bells and whistles.
When I bought it came down to fishing hands free most of the time with the Hobie mirage drive. This has been the biggest benefit I have found for the Hobie. It is not as fast as the skinnier and lighter model kayaks but it is stable and can hold some weight.
Go to a Demo Days if you can or go to ACK in Houston or Austin and rent some to test them out. You want to make sure before dropping over a grand on a kayak. Trust me! Once you know what you like then spend away but not before then or you may regret your purchase later.
Take your time. The fish will always be there!
Kirk B.

Post by Kirk B. »

Engrish is my square measure language.
For some reason, the original post made red flags start waving, and lights start flashing in my head. (It gets very ...active... In there sometimes.)

Kirk B.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

The basic Heritage boats, Angler and Redfish, are really good, low-priced, all-water boats. They track well, spin well, and are wind-slick.
So many people are looking for little bass boats in kayaks now - they're a lot more stable, veritable wind barges, and heavy as all get-out, so much that many don't report weight in specs anymore.
A 10' Heritage weighs 44 lbs.
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

my old prowler 13 works for me just fine got it for the bay but works well on the rivers and lakes I've been on ,, but ill be honest i didn't get my yak just for fishing ..
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Kirk B. wrote:Engrish is my square measure language.
For some reason, the original post made red flags start waving, and lights start flashing in my head. (It gets very ...active... In there sometimes.ImageImage)

Kirk B.
Dude’s been spamming other sections of the boards too. It’s mostly stuff that looks cut and paste from poorly translated Wikipedia entries or something. Totally weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

The OP was strangely worded, but generated worthwhile discussion.
Last edited by Ron Mc on Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Cuervo Jones wrote:Dude’s been spamming other sections of the boards too. It’s mostly stuff that looks cut and paste from poorly translated Wikipedia entries or something. Totally weird.
Yep, I noticed too. Could be a bot of some kind... There are implementations out there that can maintain decent conversation for quite long before you realize you are talking to machine.

Or a brilliant troll playing a long game.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Crusader wrote:
Cuervo Jones wrote:Dude’s been spamming other sections of the boards too. It’s mostly stuff that looks cut and paste from poorly translated Wikipedia entries or something. Totally weird.
Yep, I noticed too. Could be a bot of some kind... There are implementations out there that can maintain decent conversation for quite long before you realize you are talking to machine.

Or a brilliant troll playing a long game.
I’m guessing it’s a google translate from some foreign advertisements or magazines.

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

... or someone is trying to artificially increase activity on this forum by employing some dirt cheap oriental labor? ;-)
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

or is it a bot? lol
Chiric

Post by Chiric »

I have owned a couple canoes and a couple kayaks and a canoe has nowhere near the versatility of a good fishing kayak.

Canoes you have to always be worried about wind and waves, in a fishing kayak you can stay out when most boats wouldn't venture out if you have the will to do so. It doesn't even matter if you are being swamped by 3 foot whitecaps, you just keep on paddling and you will make it.

Many fishing kayaks you can stand up in and move around enough to be comfortable and can sight fish etc. All the canoes I have ever been in have been much less stable then my kayaks.

They are also much more suited to fishing as they have rod holders, transducer mounts, fish finder mounts and a lot of storage both inside and outside.

To me the only advantage my canoe had was the ability to lay completely flat and have a nap... Not a high value on my priority list though.

As for the OP it all comes down to where you will be fishing the most and what you use for gear, personal comfort level etc. I absolutely love my hobie with its hands free pedal system but they are expensive especially now with this stupid dollar... Having a good raised seat like in the predator makes a big difference on comfort and staying dry. Overall the predator is a pretty nice boat, a little heavier and not the easiest paddling boat but very good all around if you are willing to live with that.

There are lots of other threads on here that I have answered kayak questions in before. If you search through my posts can probably find more information you might need.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Real end of the world is not when AI becomes self-aware and indistinguishable from humans, but when humans become indistinguishable from AI. We are witnessing the beginning -- when AIs start talking to each other, driving unsuspecting humans into conversation and steering it.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Bots running amok! I’ll start the countdown till somebody starts scolding me for calling them out again. That’s always great fun!

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

it's just a waste of bandwidth to argue with or about bots - though chiric must be a bot to pick that avatar