Shoreline Schoolies

hoghunter14

Shoreline Schoolies

Post by hoghunter14 »

I set out this afternoon from stingaree, and headed out to Sand reef to see if I could find any trout, when about half way there I noticed I forgot my chart card. So after making about three drifts with no luck, in the area that I thought the reef was in I headed over to Big Pasture bayou to see if there might be any action in that area. I found some smaller reds holding in the wind blown cuts in the area of big pasture. I decided to run the shorelines on the way back and see if I might find any fish schooled up chasing shrimp. With in the first two hundred yards I was on them, I found a school of about half a dozen and caught one that ended up busting the group. After drifting another mile or so I came across another school within about four hundred yards of a boat that never knew they were even there, deciding to let the boaters find them I headed back to the launch and called it a night.

Weather
East wind 10-14 mph
scattered clouds
74-69°

Water
murky
2-4 ft
mud bottom
66-68°
Attachments
G0010396.JPG
G0020400.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Shoreline Schoolies

Post by Ron Mc »

nice report
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Nice report - thanks,
Congrats on tracking them down
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Thank you, sir, for your report. If it were not for a handful of posters on this board, it would be DEAD.