PINS Etiquette (video)

Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

PINS Etiquette (video)

Post by Boomy »

I posted this on Facebook TKF, so I figured that should post it here too. Every trip to PINS I see people with no clue doing some really inconsiderate things, so I contemplated making an etiquette video. Then in my overlanding group newbies started asking for tips. So I put this together... PINS is a special place to many of us and one of my favorite places to camp.

https://youtu.be/Pi6xIeMWf7Y

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Tombo

Re: PINS Etiquette (video)

Post by Tombo »

That is one cool video. Am taking my brother to PINS shortly just the two of us in my Jeep. Armed with a couple fishing rods, some snacks and couple chairs. It truly is a sacred place.
I always am armed with trash bags.
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Thanks, Tombo... in hindsight I'd go back and change a few things, but that bridge burnt after 50 views :)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Endo

Post by Endo »

Nice video.

The trucks driving fast and not slowing down (enough) when passing others on the beach really ticks me off. It has gotten much worse in my opinion in the last few years. I chalk it up to the continuing erosion of basic courtesy towards others and the fixation of "its all about me" people have.

Lack of awareness also that driving past a camp at 40-50 mph, even 20 yards away will blow an a$$ load of sand all up into camps set up next to the dunes. Multiply that by 50-100 vehicles driving past and it can make for a pretty cruddy experience in your camp.

When passing others, give space and slow down. There is plenty of open vacant stretches where you can channel your inner Ricky Bobby if you so desire.

earthshipman

Post by earthshipman »

Great video Boomy!
Thanks so much for posting.
NoSharks

Post by NoSharks »

Nice video Boomy. I've never noticed the north bound right of way sign but was taught a long time ago that whoever has the water on their right, has right of way. There always seems to be someone who doesn't get it.
Endo wrote:The trucks driving fast and not slowing down (enough) when passing others on the beach really ticks me off. It has gotten much worse in my opinion in the last few years.
It's definitely gotten worse as more and more traffic finds its way down the island.
tastywavescoolbuzz

Post by tastywavescoolbuzz »

Boomer, there is no d in etiquette. we were all newbs at one time. love the gun reference . :lol:
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

Thanks guys..

I was informed of the misspelling after 50 views. I figured that it wouldn't get many more so why bother starting over with a new upload? As of this morning it's gotten 730 views... had I known...

NoSharks- honestly on every trip I had noticed the speed sign beside it, but never the right away sign until my last trip down.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
yangjianhunt

Post by yangjianhunt »

Great video. Thanks!
DougBailey

Post by DougBailey »

Yes it has gotten worse I went with my wife and 2 kids last month and as we were packing up camp some guy stopped right in front of our camp and he saw my dog run out there up to him because he stopped and I waved him down and said let me get my dog before you drive off he threw his hands in the air and ran my dog over and took off right in front of my girls 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old killing the dog and he noticed he ran it over and sped off.........
Fishtolive

Post by Fishtolive »

OMG.
Hope you got his licence plate to turn over to the police.
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Boomy »

DougBailey wrote:Yes it has gotten worse I went with my wife and 2 kids last month and as we were packing up camp some guy stopped right in front of our camp and he saw my dog run out there up to him because he stopped and I waved him down and said let me get my dog before you drive off he threw his hands in the air and ran my dog over and took off right in front of my girls 5 yrs old and 2 yrs old killing the dog and he noticed he ran it over and sped off.........
that's rather not cool........ :twisted:
zukinsharkhunter

Post by zukinsharkhunter »

I really enjoyed the video . I'd really like to get down there again .
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

Very informative,this is one of my favorite places to go fishing or to camp out and enjoy the beach.
!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP US KEEP ALL OUR BEACHES CLEAN,PICK UP YOUR TRASH SO WE CAN ENJOY THEM !!!!!!!!
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Billy Sandie beach clean up soon in 2018.
earthshipman

Post by earthshipman »

boricualouie wrote:Very informative,this is one of my favorite places to go fishing or to camp out and enjoy the beach.
!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP US KEEP ALL OUR BEACHES CLEAN,PICK UP YOUR TRASH SO WE CAN ENJOY THEM !!!!!!!!
Warthog, Sparrow, and their dad Eagle have a tradition of picking up an extra trash bag of trash every trip (in addition to their own of course). I adopted this tradition a couple of years ago, spread the word!
Boomy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: RE: Re: PINS Etiquette (video)

Post by Boomy »

earthshipman wrote: Warthog, Sparrow, and their dad Eagle have a tradition of picking up an extra trash bag of trash every trip (in addition to their own of course). I adopted this tradition a couple of years ago, spread the word!
Sounds like a battle plan! I'm in...Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Noeafpj9

Post by Noeafpj9 »

One year some buddies and I were down at the jetties at the end of the beach. Some clown rolled between the vehicles and the water, which caused a lot of peoples lines to pop. Needless to say there was a mob of upset sharkers and I thought it was going to get violent considering the guy had no where to go. Well he was paddling out baits for quite a long time to make things right when he realized him and his buddies were out numbered. So yeah like the video says, do not drive between parked vehicles and the water.
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: cypress, tx / coles crossing 2011 Hobie Pro Angler, fully customized by gYc Boatwerkz

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

Great video! Ive run PINS many times with the jeep