Tobin makes the Houston Chronicle!

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Our own Tobin made the Houston Chronicle.
Capture.JPG
There he is, with his picture sandwiched between a bunch of pictures with hot chicks in bikinis with their "catches"
Capture2.JPG
No offense, Tobin. You are a good dude, and a great fisherman, but please don't think that it was your face that is causing the article to be front page news in the Chron this morning.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Tobin makes the Houston Chronicle!

Post by kickingback »

LOL Way to go Tobin! Well deserved.

I would have never seen this as I do not subscribe to any newspapers in the cities of this great country as they are for the majority liberal and distort political facts to meet their readers needs and to keep them buying.
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Seriously?!
A political rant on a post about bikinis and fish?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmac

Post by jmac »

kickingback wrote:LOL Way to go Tobin! Well deserved.

I would have never seen this as I do not subscribe to any newspapers in the cities of this great country as they are for the majority liberal and distort political facts to meet their readers needs and to keep them buying.
So that whole capitalism thing just doesn’t work for you I guess.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Capitalism is great and works perfect for me!
It lets me buy whatever truthful reporting media I want and avoid those that lie for political agendas. Freedom buddy. Freedom to say and do as I please. Just like you except I am not attacking you...unless you are liberal and took offense...

All I said was that I would have never known and people get bent out of shape?! Mad?! Offended?! Sounds like it to me. Sorry for those that take offense!! (hope that helps)

Again, Way to go Tobin! Well deserved media attention
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Man, that was a tough line-up to get into LOL... Feel's super cool to be in the paper.. Now If only I was fishing with some of those 'other contestants' instead. LOL.

By the way, that fish and 90% of my fish that day was caught on the TroutSupport Lure. It's been really cool to be getting quite few really really good reports in on it in the last week or so especially. Been seeing guys make it their numero uno go to bait for the flats and some big trout.

I wonder who submitted the photo to them .. . ????? It wasn't me
osorojotx

Post by osorojotx »

Just ordered some lures and can't wait to try them out. Fished POC several weeks ago and had a decent day with a Down South & 1/8oz head, but surface and submerged grass definitely cost me fish that day. Your lures would've fit the bill for what I needed perfectly.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

osorojotx wrote:Just ordered some lures and can't wait to try them out. Fished POC several weeks ago and had a decent day with a Down South & 1/8oz head, but surface and submerged grass definitely cost me fish that day. Your lures would've fit the bill for what I needed perfectly.
That's exactly why I created them for that very problem. And being able to cast something decent while rigged weedless as well. You don't need weighted hooks with these. Biggest thing to note, and this is with any weedless rigged soft plastic is when you get a bite, reel down to take up slack, then set the hook hard. Those EWG hooks will set solid into bone and jaw and you don't have to worry about this skin tear-outs.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Tobin, I bet if you get a pair of strap-on boobs -- you'll be on a frontpage of every issue. Those girls wouldn't stand a chance -- you'd take their only advantage away from them. :mrgreen:

Btw, tried your lure at SLP the least weekend. Here is my feedback:
- casts great, better than norton eel on 1/4 jighead
- in 1-2 fow it is nothing short of amazing
- flounder loves it -- I probably caught more flounder than trout
- starting from 1.5 fow and deeper it becomes "too slow" -- hard to keep it closer to bottom as it tends to float up as you work it. I'll try using weighted hooks, but it'll probably adversely affect it's action. I wasn't been able to use it effectively in 4 fow and deeper (which is normal for weight-less lure)
- needle fish goes nuts over it! I caught about 15 of these critters -- they keep pecking at it until their teeth get caught in the braid... That was my biggest haul of prized needle fish ever! ;-)

Overall, I am very impressed -- very good lure. It turns into exceptional when you fish over heavy shell/grass. Thank you!
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Crusader wrote:Tobin, I bet if you get a pair of strap-on boobs -- you'll be on a frontpage of every issue.
Where can I acquire such a pair of strap-on boobs?
Uh....asking for a friend.

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Cuervo Jones wrote:
Crusader wrote:Tobin, I bet if you get a pair of strap-on boobs -- you'll be on a frontpage of every issue.
Where can I acquire such a pair of strap-on boobs?
Uh....asking for a friend.
For example on amazon. Uh.... my friend told me. 8)
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Sweet mother of Pearl!!!
I never knew such things actually existed!!
The world just got a bit weirder.

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Always use your coworker's PC when running google searches. It's... better this way. Trust me
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

If you can get those kind of "mates" to go fishing then count me in Tobin! I'll even pay for gas - but you're on your own for bait! :lol:
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I am glad to see such an innocuous post led to political rants, a shout out for capitalism, a link to strap on boobs, and a review of Tobin's lures (which I have purchased and really like for the situation - the cast well and floating grass is not an issue - I will be trying them out in Port Mansfield Nov. 9-11).

To that end, DandyDon and I have been lamenting the slow death of this board, but I do want to give a shout out to Cuervo Jones (whom I know likes to fish alone, but I'd like to fish with one day) and to Kickingback (who I met briefly one morning while trolling through Titlum Tatlum - he was coming off a marathon night fishing trip). The are fairly prolific posters, and I enjoy all of their posts, and hope they keep it up (even when Kickingback gets into keyboard tussles with others - its entertaining).

I am trying to do my part where I can, and I figure posting up hot chicks in bikinis is a nice way to stir up the members...um, I mean regular posters.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Shoffer has strong opinions & a good sense of humor, learned from the true Master, me! We used to stir up this board with crazy reports, accusations, character slander & near fistfights! Those were THE DAYS!
But now TKF has definitely slowed down & lost some prolific posters like Saltykat, Chicken, Ms. Addicted, Butt-Thumper, Hot NUTS, & Mr. Long Shank.
What happened to all the fishing reports & long threads regarding lure colors & profiles?! Those were the days.
Shoffer & I will continue our TKF efforts, but how about some good posts from all you LURKERS?! Make TKF great again, like America! Bring it on!
I'm Dandydon, your Fishing Attorney..
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I am moved by these impassioned posts.
I will double my efforts to Make TKF Great Again.
Based on the role model of our fearless leader, that should be easy. Just lob twitter insults and conspiracy theories a couple times a day and then whine about everybody hating me!
Excruciatingly yours,
Cuervo Jones

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Cuervo Jones wrote:I am moved by these impassioned posts.
I will double my efforts to Make TKF Great Again.
Based on the role model of our fearless leader, that should be easy. Just lob twitter insults and conspiracy theories a couple times a day and then whine about everybody hating me!
Excruciatingly yours,
Cuervo Jones

Maybe Shoffer & Dandydon could use a long slow sip of some clever clear Cuervo... His fishing reports get up on their hind legs and bark at the moon! Bark, bark!
IMG_5092.JPG
IMG_5092.JPG (15.78 KiB) Viewed 3668 times

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Not something you want to see:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (13.78 KiB) Viewed 3661 times
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

You just don't have imagination :mrgreen:
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Crusader wrote:Tobin, I bet if you get a pair of strap-on boobs -- you'll be on a frontpage of every issue. Those girls wouldn't stand a chance -- you'd take their only advantage away from them. :mrgreen:

Overall, I am very impressed -- very good lure. It turns into exceptional when you fish over heavy shell/grass. Thank you!
That's exactly the niche I designed it for. Shallow oyster and shallow grass. We got plenty other stuff to work out deep.

About the boobs... how the hell did you know there were strap on boobs.. I gotta hear how you found out about those ;-)
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

TroutSupport.com wrote: I wonder who submitted the photo to them .. . ????? It wasn't me
Not me
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

TroutSupport.com wrote:About the boobs... how the hell did you know there were strap on boobs.. I gotta hear how you found out about those ;-)
Elementary, my dear Watson -- I used deduction to figure out your adversary primary advantage, came up with a most straightforward solution to "bridge the gap" and checked it in Google. Hardest part was to come up with actual term... :-)

I bet related ad networks are already routing very non-conventional content my direction. Glad I am using AdBlock+.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

LOL... Damn Google search botts! ;-)