Sea Isle Launch -

YakRunabout

Sea Isle Launch -

Post by YakRunabout »

At the end of an outing from Sea Isle I stopped by the bait shop to get a bag of ice. They had already closed the register, but the guy still sold me a bag. While getting the ice we discussed the ramp situation - he said it was fine to launch kayaks for now, but the ramp was closed to trailers. The docks between the two ramps have been removed and appear to be used as barricades on the ramp. He said they were going to replace the ramp with a bulkhead, because extra-high tides flood water through the ramp into the parking lot and into the shops on the west side. I had wondered why they were closing the ramp.
So, it is apparently still available for launching kayaks until they proceed with the bulkhead construction.

So, needing ice at the end of a trip is always a good sign - means I had fish to take home!

Drifting yak and I had spent the afternoon in the coves and marshes outside of Sea Isle. It was a great day to be on the water, winds light, air temp nice, water temp 74. Fishing was slow for most of the afternoon. Finally I hooked into a fish that looked to be a nice flounder, but on getting in closer I saw that it was a sting ray! Luckily it was foul hooked in the final and so was easy to unhook. A short time later I did land a nice 18" flounder.

Later in the afternoon we finally saw a bit of bird action, with pelicans finally waking up! In the middle of a cove with pelicans in front of me and behind me, I was able to bring in my first keeper spec at about 16". Closer to sunset the spec bite picked up some when I landed a nice 20 incher, followed closely by a 19 incher. A bit later the bite kicked up another notch in the deeper waters (4'-5') just east of Sea Isle, but they were all small specs or sand trout. I had 3 fish on 3 casts at one point. A good way to end the outing.

There are some nice waters around Sea Isle, hopefully some other access will be available!
Attachments
OI000010.jpg
OI000009.jpg
OI000013.jpg
YakRunabout

Re: Sea Isle Launch -

Post by YakRunabout »

One final image
Attachments
OI000014.jpg
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Mighty fine reporting and photography. Have a beer on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Thanks, CJ, most generous of you!
I will go open it now!

Update - mine was a Saint Arnolds Amber Ale - most excellent!
Last edited by YakRunabout on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

It was truly a beautiful day! And a little 21" red decided to join us as we headed back to the ramp!

Last Minute Red.JPG
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Sounds like our days were very Similar. Slow stretch followed by a pickup in action later in the afternoon. Nice red too.
Amber ale rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

So the ramp is being shut down. Dammit! That will leave us with two launches over there, but they are not that great.