Harvey check in

FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Harvey check in

Post by FishingSETX »

Just wanted to check on everybody. We are fine and didnt get water in the house. Ive been stranded in Beaumont since Tuesday, but hope to get home tomorrow. If anyone needs anything at all, just let me know and if I can make it happen, I will!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
Kirk B.

Re: Harvey check in

Post by Kirk B. »

Holding down the other end of the line. I'm in silsbe and can't get to Beaumont to go to work. Not that there's any water at the office.
High and dry and here, too. A lot of rain but no flooding in our neighborhood.

Kirk B.
Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

Here in Beaumont it's getting drier as some of the water goes down. Water is still out and looks to be for a while yet. The roads going in and out are still largely water covered. Some are passable with tall vehicles but it is slow going. Water is at a premium and its hit or miss with finding most stores open.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: RE: Re: Harvey check in

Post by FishingSETX »

Kirk B. wrote:Holding down the other end of the line. I'm in silsbe and can't get to Beaumont to go to work. Not that there's any water at the office.
High and dry and here, too. A lot of rain but no flooding in our neighborhood.

Kirk B.
I made it home today by going through bridge city to 62 and up to evadale. Not sure how much longer you can get to bridge city. I had water to my running boards for over a mile after the cow bayou bridge! Another option that is open is 62 to 10, across to 27 and down through hackberry, then across at the causeway and back up off pleasure island

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

I talked to Jerry (Duby) and Roger (Piscator) today. They are doing fine, and David (Dadavis) has been posting on facebook and is good.

bing

Post by bing »

i'm good, no flooding
hwy 90 is passable either 146 to cleveland (drove it) or (i heard) 146 to baytown
any fishing reports ?
i was so tempted to toss a frog out the window while sitting for 4 hrs on 90 and Nome yesterday. with so much water around me :)
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

House and family are fine in Silsbee. Just no power. I hope it comes back soon. Running a generator with the lines for gas is getting crazy.
MulletMaster08

Post by MulletMaster08 »

I was close to flooding but it never made it in thankfully, I ran the skiff for 5 days and there are a bunch of people that are going to need a lot of help
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I drove from Lumberton to Beaumont today and this evening from Lumberton to Silsbee. 5 hours total, but we can leave Lumberton now. We never came close to getting water in the street. Many I know are stranded with no power, but OK. Many have lost quite a bit. Next I imange many of us will be helping gut and empty homes.
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

Piscator wrote:I drove from Lumberton to Beaumont today and this evening from Lumberton to Silsbee. 5 hours total, but we can leave Lumberton now. We never came close to getting water in the street. Many I know are stranded with no power, but OK. Many have lost quite a bit. Next I imange many of us will be helping gut and empty homes.
What route did you take?
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

We took 421 to 326 then south to Sour Lake. West on 105 to Batson then south on 770 to Raywood and Hwy 90. 82 miles one way, normally 13 miles.

To Silsbee took 69 north to Warren and 1943 to Fred and 92. 60 mile one way trip.
Rastus

Post by Rastus »

Well we're out of the country and will be back 9-17.
FEMA listed my house as distoried, will see when we get home

Rastus