Rattlesnake Point Rd launch, Copano Bay

Tombo

Rattlesnake Point Rd launch, Copano Bay

Post by Tombo »

Launched early this morning from the Rattlesnake Point Rd kayak launch and headed into Copano Bay.
Tides were low, no wind and hot.
I found lots of finger mullet along the left side next to the elevated road leading to Redfish Lodge. The bottom here is scattered grass and clean and green water. Problem was I only brought my fly rod and one spinning rod rigged for sight casting.
This shoreline begs for a topwater lure. Depth from 3-4 feet out to at least 200 yards.
If I had to relive this day, I would have brought my topwater bait caster rig. This place had trout written all over it. I could have tossed a topwater all the way past the islands north of Redfish lodge.
Winds for the next couple days are 1-2 mph in the morning.
I won't be able to go fishing again until next weekend so someone else will have to give another report.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Rattlesnake Point Rd launch, Copano Bay

Post by kickingback »

Well done sir! Thanks for the report. I appreciate all reports with good info on areas to fish. You are helping others to decide what to use, when and where. Thanks!
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: Rattlesnake Point Rd launch, Copano Bay

Post by Yaklash »

Thanks for the report. I love wading that shoreline. Good to know that it is doing well in my absence. FWIW, I never leave home without at least a couple of lures of most types in a wading box. And I would've rented you a baby spook and my back-up baitcaster for about $5 :lol: