BWKC beach camping

rattlesnake68

BWKC beach camping

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Hello all. Just wondering who all plans on beach camping for the BWKC? Since it looks like the women folk won't be with me on this next trip, I won't be staying at the Embassy Suites, lol. I plan on driving down Thursday night to avoid most of the traffic and arriving early Friday morning.
Ryanh1801

Re: BWKC beach camping

Post by Ryanh1801 »

Im going to camp over at Mustang Island SP. Heading in on Wed afternoon.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

I had planned on camping the Bob Hall beach line, but I hadn't considered Mustang SP. The wife mentioned she "might" like to try beach camping, but hasn't committed. I'll have to check it out and see what kind of facilities they have.
Ryanh1801

Post by Ryanh1801 »

rattlesnake68 wrote:I had planned on camping the Bob Hall beach line, but I hadn't considered Mustang SP. The wife mentioned she "might" like to try beach camping, but hasn't committed. I'll have to check it out and see what kind of facilities they have.
They have bathrooms on the beach but showers are by the office.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Don't forget to stop at a local Stripes convenience store and buy a beach pass that allows you to stay on the beach over night. They patrol th beach and look for the sticker if you are over night. Forget how much but cheap (under $10) and are good for a year.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

kickingback wrote:Don't forget to stop at a local Stripes convenience store and buy a beach pass that allows you to stay on the beach over night. They patrol th beach and look for the sticker if you are over night. Forget how much but cheap (under $10) and are good for a year.
Beach passes are $12.00 and it lasts from the time you buy it until the end of the year (December 31st).
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Yakety_Yak wrote:
kickingback wrote:Don't forget to stop at a local Stripes convenience store and buy a beach pass that allows you to stay on the beach over night. They patrol th beach and look for the sticker if you are over night. Forget how much but cheap (under $10) and are good for a year.
Beach passes are $12.00 and it lasts from the time you buy it until the end of the year (December 31st).
That's it!
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

Looks like I have a game plan. The wife backed out and the beach pass I purchased during the last BWKC, so I'm good there. I believe Friday, after check in on what ever weekend the event is held, I'll be south of access rd. 6 near Bob Hall Pier where camping is allowed. Saturday evening after the tournament, I'll probably be south of the PINS Visitor Center. I won't be in a 4x4 so I shouldn't be too far down the beach. I don't have any set plans other than Saturday's tournament, so any and all are welcome around my camp.
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

Like I said on my post I will be camping at the Bob hall pier beach area and I will be fishing that area to,now that's if it does'nt get canceled,I think it will get rescheduled due to all the damage to the area but that's just what I think.
Ryanh1801

Post by Ryanh1801 »

boricualouie wrote:Like I said on my post I will be camping at the Bob hall pier beach area and I will be fishing that area to,now that's if it does'nt get canceled,I think it will get rescheduled due to all the damage to the area but that's just what I think.
Per their FB post it has been postpone until the weather and damage clears up.
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

They still have the sep.2nd date as the make up date which its to soon but it's up to them , I hope they postpone it for a later date.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

This Thursday looks like a great day to get out in Corpus to pre-fish if you can...breakers 1.3' and winds from 7-12 mph. Wanting to go but don't know if the water will be down to get there.
rattlesnake68

Post by rattlesnake68 »

I'm in a holding pattern until it's rescheduled. I definitely plan on making the tournament . I've also got a couple of weeks off in late September and If the tournament dates don't land during that time, I'll probably hang out for a few days on Pensacola Beach for a little kayak fishing.
Heatstroke

Post by Heatstroke »

boricualouie wrote:They still have the sep.2nd date as the make up date which its to soon but it's up to them , I hope they postpone it for a later date.
What I've read on the Facebook page is that it will be postponed to a date AFTER Sept 2.
Attachments
Screenshot_20170830-063630.png
boricualouie

Post by boricualouie »

That's good to know! Thanks for posting this pic on the cancellation.im fine with waiting for when ever the next date is and if they donate the entry fees , that is is awesome!we will be heading to Houston this weekend with a load of stuff to take over there if you'll have the time to do it lets get stuff together and take it over there, God knows they need it!