I want to improve!

UncleTomahawk

I want to improve!

Post by UncleTomahawk »

Hey guys, so its been about 6 months since I've been on this forum. Shame on me I know. But what I'm looking for today is just advice and tips on how to improve my fishing game. I would like to know what to focus on as far as how to fine my own honey holes, when to fish what areas, and mainly just how to catch more fish in general. Lately I only really catch trout, I can't remember the last time I caught a red fish and I've never caught a flounder....(I really want to catch more reds and a flounder). So if anyone has any good advice or things to focus on to help me reach my goal I would be greatly appreciated. Im in a Jackson Cuda 14 and I normally fish the Bolivar pocket, I've been to sportsman once and I fish clear lake park some times also.

Thanks in advance guys!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: I want to improve!

Post by kickingback »

I have to suggest Trout Support DVD's from TroutSupport.com These DVD's will help immensely in helping you know what to look for when targeting them in the bays. Best investment I ever made.
You say 6 months from being on this forum, does that mean you haven't fished in 6 months? Kayak been in storage? Lots of people getting out all the time and posting in the forums here. Keep checking daily.
crusher

Post by crusher »

The small improvements I've made are due to the following 4 things:
1. keep notes of results, tides, wind, weather, moon, dates etc. And review them once in a while.
2. fish with a guide and ask condition/environment questions or if you're lucky one of the good tournament guys that's willing to teach while you go. Watch them.
3. go to a club meeting and pay attention when a good fisherman is the guest presentor.
4. trout support dvd's

I ought to be better than I am now that I see the efforts I've made. Time on the water - the most crucial teacher of them all I suppose, and probably the hardest one for most of us to get enough of.
Salaqua

Post by Salaqua »

TroutSupport is a great resource.

If you know reds are in the area, then I would recommend these:
1) Find clear water, and sight cast.
2) If clear is not an option, find water no deeper than 18" and utilize sign casting. Looks for bait, reds crushing shorelines, spooked reds busting out of Dodge.
3) Keep moving until you either see reds or see sure signs of reds present.
4) Fish as close as you can to tidal movements and moving water.
5) Don't lose confidence in the knowledge of redfish behavior. Fishing for reds is first a science. Blind casting is a waste of time, keep moving until you find them.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I second keeping a log and getting one of the Troutsupport DVDs (you will then get more :D )and generally agree with all of the above advice, plus...

Get a fishing buddy or, better, a fishing mentor. This can be a difficult thing to find. It might be a friend you already have and the two of you learn together. Or you might find one on this site or through some other fishing network described above (PACK would be a good place to start). For me it started in high school in the 70s with a friend whose father taught us to catch our own bait and how to catch fish. Flounder was, and still is, his father's favorite fish to both catch and eat.

Flounder can be tricky to get onto a hook (lost many I thought I had hooked), but finding them is really not that difficult and a seasonal bag limit reduction over the last 5-6 years have meant more and bigger flounder than any time I can remember. There are plenty of books that will give you the basics - basically current and structure. Start with one by Chester Moore https://www.amazon.com/Flounder-Fever-C ... ster+Moore It's a good starting point, at least until Tobin (Troutsupport) comes out with his Flounder DVD :D
UncleTomahawk

Post by UncleTomahawk »

Thanks a lot guys! Loving the Info I'm going do my best to put it to use. I actually just bought the reds DVD from trout support today! We'll see how it goes, hopefully I can update soon with pics of bag limits or texas slams!
Mossyoak20

Post by Mossyoak20 »

Trout support for sure! With those alone, the rest is out doing your own scouting. There are very places that produce quality fish all day....all season/current/tide/wind/bait....and on and on and on. Give trout support a try and never look back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

i thought the point of this website was to share ideas not sell dvds
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

As CRUSHER stated fish with a guide. Weather you book a PB or kayak guide it will be the best money you ever spent. Ask lots of questions about why he selected a location, equipment, presentation, features, bait in the water, when and where to wade etc and most of all PAY ATTENTION. Have fun catch fish but pay attention. You will be a better angler almost immediately.

Post up for recommendations on TKF. Let your guide know before the trip what your expectations are (i.e. Trout Reds Flounder). Personally I prefer Reds because it's more like hunting and then fishing. You won't believe where a guide will put you on red fish. Good luck.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

LOOKN4REDS wrote:As CRUSHER stated fish with a guide. Weather you book a PB or kayak guide it will be the best money you ever spent. Ask lots of questions about why he selected a location, equipment, presentation, features, bait in the water, when and where to wade etc and most of all PAY ATTENTION. Have fun catch fish but pay attention. You will be a better angler almost immediately.

Post up for recommendations on TKF. Let your guide know before the trip what your expectations are (i.e. Trout Reds Flounder). Personally I prefer Reds because it's more like hunting and then fishing. You won't believe where a guide will put you on red fish. Good luck.
Nice advice. Hunting fish sure is fun. But fishing is fun in general. Learning is good. Learning while fishing is even better. Would you rather catch a lot of fish or have some understanding on why you did or didn't catch fish? The good thing is I believe there is an inexhaustible amount of stuff to learn out there. It's kind of a giant onion, peel one layer, there's another right behind it.
Jigawatt

Post by Jigawatt »

I can see how the learning curve for fishing would be difficult for kayakers, because you're basically alone, or at best, a stone's throw away from a partner, and probably not even looking in that direction most of the time. I learned most of what I know about fishing from my friends with boats, and watching strangers in the surf, wading in the bay, or fishing on piers and jetties. By the time I got into kayaking, I didn't have to learn anything about fishing, just how to keep from turtling or dropping stuff overboard that I didn't want to drop overboard. My recommendation is to ask specific questions. A general question is likely to get you a general response. For instance, if I wanted to catch a flounder, what would I do?

When I go for flounder using artificial's I use soft plastics with an 1/8 ounce jig head. During the Summer, it's a given that flounder will be sitting on the bottom in ambush style, so you want to slowly bump that lure along the bottom, and cover a lot of area in open water. Flounder can often be found sitting on the bottom around structure or around entrances to marsh drains. Cast next to poles, bulkheads, reefs, jetties, etc. In the Fall, during the run, same procedure, except the flounder are moving out of the bays with an outgoing tide. So pick a spot next to a fish highway leading to a major pass, and you can stay in one position and fish because the flounder will be on the move. If I'm using live bait, I'll catch some finger mullet or mud minnows in a cast net and use a 1/0 gamakatsu shiner hook, or some other kahle-style hook, carolina rigged with a 1/2 ounce to 3/4 ounce weight. Same fishing style - cover a lot of ground in the Summer, or find access to a fish highway leading to a pass in the Fall.
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

I didn't read anything here I disagree with. I've saltwater fished for less than two years and while I'm not great, I never go home skunked (okay, very rarely). This is because I have found people who know what they are doing, and I do it. I buy the gear they recommend, tie the knots they recommend and make sure I match the hook (size, brand, style), line, bait, whatever. Experienced fisherman have a system to catch fish, they don't go out and wing it. Fish with a few experienced folks, (TKF veterans, guides, me (jk)) and you'll learn their system and be able to repeat it. Good, luck and shout at me if you want to catch some fish!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

MobyYack wrote:i thought the point of this website was to share ideas not sell dvds

LOL You must not have any of his DVD's...Hehe

You really should borrow one from someone that has a DVD and you yourself will see that we are not trying to sell DVD's but instead we are suggesting putting a great and valuable tool in your fishing arsenal to be able to find, locate, and fish areas that may hold fish better than another location based on the knowledge that Tobin gives you on the DVD's. It is not trying to sell anything. It is giving people the tools to catch fish on their own. You really need to try one sometime and you will agree.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

MobyYack wrote:i thought the point of this website was to share ideas not sell dvds
I laughed when I read this. It is funny. I won't be so presumptuous as to say how you meant it to come across. I for one, offer many thoughts and words of advice on this site - I love to share - but these DVDs are a great teaching tool, so I will almost always cut to the chase of recommending them as well. If someone had exposed me to these in the 80s when I want hunting and pecking for fishing knowledge and banging my head on the proverbial wall to get limits of fish, I would have paid today's prices back then when $40 was a lot more money than it is now.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: I want to improve!

Post by MobyYack »

MobyYack wrote:
Yaklash wrote:
I laughed when I read this. It is funny. I won't be so presumptuous as to say how you meant it to come across. I for one, offer many thoughts and words of advice on this site - I love to share - but these DVDs are a great teaching tool, so I will almost always cut to the chase of recommending them as well. If someone had exposed me to these in the 80s when I want hunting and pecking for fishing knowledge and banging my head on the proverbial wall to get limits of fish, I would have paid today's prices back then when $40 was a lot more money than it is now.
There are thousands of DVDs books etc that improve skill. I doubt trout support is the end all be all of trout fishing. Everytime a general fishing question comes up there seems to be the same names pushing DVDs. Still laughing?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
If it's such a tool why not be a darling and provide it for free and then sell guide trips?

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

TKF search for "troutsupport" : 935 hits
TKF search for "speckled trout": 1602 hits
lagavulin62

Post by lagavulin62 »

I recently bought the trout support dvd. i don't regret the purchase, I learned a few things and I may purchase the red fish one. But I don't think it's the end all and there are plenty of good books out there that taught me plenty. I know books are no longer cool, but for me at least, I get more out of them as I can easily flip through and highlight important parts I want to remember. Also diagrams work well in book format.

I don't think anyone is trying to overly push these but I do get tired of hearing it as I am hoping to get some insight from the knowledge on this board. To me it's nearly akin to telling someone to do a search for whatever they want to know, especially since I believe he has advertising setup on this board.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

I'm going Sunday out of Galveston. I'm not a guide. I'm just a TKFer. I frequently met with groups in Galveston and we usually do well. No better practice than to actually go fishing

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

You're losing friends fast Moby.

Just like a good fishing book or a good fishing lure or a good fishing tip or a friend taking you to a good spot or even a just good spot to fish and post in the forums ; it's all knowledge. It is all designed to make you a better fisherman. If you have never bought a book or a lure or fished an area from a forum post you are using this knowledge.
I own MANY books, DVD's, and other fishing knowledge tools to help me be where I am now. I am no expert but I think I can hold my own when needed. Others do not have or know about these tools. WE are merely trying to provide others with the tool they may want or need to help them be better fishermen. Tobin has a great product and yes it does cost money to buy but we are not trying to give him business. We are merely pointing out that the TS DVD's are a great tool for people asking questions and the DVD's are suggested to help them out. That is all. Hell Tobin is so nice and so good to others that he has on occasion given away his DVD's. In fact, he chimes in quite often on these and other forums on fishing subjects and adds info he has included in his DVD's. He is a good fisherman and he helps others. Period.
A good fisherman will help others and not complain. A good fisherman will not berate others for them wanting more knowledge. You lose fisherman friends by acting like you are better than them just becasue they are trying to help.
I see you ask others to join you all the time. You may want to rethink how you respond to others or you may not be asked to join.
Just saying.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: RE: Re: I want to improve!

Post by MobyYack »

kickingback wrote:You're losing friends fast Moby.

Just like a good fishing book or a good fishing lure or a good fishing tip or a friend taking you to a good spot or even a just good spot to fish and post in the forums ; it's all knowledge. It is all designed to make you a better fisherman. If you have never bought a book or a lure or fished an area from a forum post you are using this knowledge.
I own MANY books, DVD's, and other fishing knowledge tools to help me be where I am now. I am no expert but I think I can hold my own when needed. Others do not have or know about these tools. WE are merely trying to provide others with the tool they may want or need to help them be better fishermen. Tobin has a great product and yes it does cost money to buy but we are not trying to give him business. We are merely pointing out that the TS DVD's are a great tool for people asking questions and the DVD's are suggested to help them out. That is all. Hell Tobin is so nice and so good to others that he has on occasion given away his DVD's. In fact, he chimes in quite often on these and other forums on fishing subjects and adds info he has included in his DVD's. He is a good fisherman and he helps others. Period.
A good fisherman will help others and not complain. A good fisherman will not berate others for them wanting more knowledge. You lose fisherman friends by acting like you are better than them just becasue they are trying to help.
I see you ask others to join you all the time. You may want to rethink how you respond to others or you may not be asked to join.
Just saying.
When did I say or imply I was better than anyone? Seriously, answer that question. I invited the guy to go fishing. Wtf are you talking about? If I'm losing troutsupport friends I'll survive

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

kickingback wrote:You're losing friends fast Moby.

Just saying.
And what advice did you provide? Just saying

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

And berating? Really? Anyway there's a group going out at sea wolf Sunday if anybody wants to join

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

LOL...some balls you got there. Don't know why you have gone off like this? Having issues at home maybe? I haven't seen you post like this before. Kind of sad.
I used to think I may contact you to join you someday but not now. I'm sure I speak for many. Have fun fishing alone. Good luck with your invitations in the future.

And look up berate on google Mr. know it all. You'll understand why I used the word. Knowledge in life as well as fishing is gold.
And reply with all the snide remarks you want. I have officially decided to ignore you and your posts.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

kickingback wrote:LOL...some balls you got there. Don't know why you have gone off like this? Having issues at home maybe? I haven't seen you post like this before. Kind of sad.
I used to think I may contact you to join you someday but not now. I'm sure I speak for many. Have fun fishing alone. Good luck with your invitations in the future.

And look up berate on google Mr. know it all. You'll understand why I used the word. Knowledge in life as well as fishing is gold.
And reply with all the snide remarks you want. I have officially decided to ignore you and your posts.
It's comical how this conversation is similar to bantering I used to hear years ago on xbox live. People are always willing to say anything behind the cloak of anonymity

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

First of all I apologize to everyone that I haven't had time to revise the Limits DVD to make it as good as the other 3. I really haven't had time because I spend about 60% of the sales money on helping people on the boards and supplying post sale support, as well as making new products that solve problems we all have as anglers. For those that cared to aks me questions I've supplied more than they ever thought was possible. That's why these guys tell everyone to get the DVDs.

How about doing a count of all the threads that I've posted up that help people with high quality information? I rarely promote my own products, I let this forum tell it like it is and I do that because I don't have a business unless anglers talk about really great products to their friends. There's nearly 3000 post that I've made.. how many post on trout fishing did you say there was? I guess the other post were redfish post that I made on here to help people with redfish. I don't think the 984 count that you said there was on troutsupport were inclusive of the post that I've made to help people. There's a lot of super helpful people on this board and I try my best to be at the top of the pack, with and along side them, helping anglers; helping anglers become better, helping anglers with real answers, not just "hey man, you need to just get out there and fish bro". Helping anglers with the truth about shit they don't need and about shit they do need. I also do this full time, I'm a professional fishing educator. Quite frankly, one trip with a guide won't deliver the educational content to the level that our DVDs will (that's what my customers say with the exception of a few). We also recommend that anglers that watch our DVDs do go with reputable fishing guides to get the most use of the material and put the knowledge to actual use the fastest. Our customers will even tell you that you'll have to watch the DVDs over and over to get all the content and apply it on the water. Some have watched them over and over for several years now and have become pretty good fishermen.

Is TroutSupport.com the 'end all be all? I don't ever put myself out to be that, but what we teach will shorten the learning curve for 9 out of 10 anglers. I've had customers that have fished for 40 years and guided a good part of that and said they didn't know a lot of what was in our DVDs. And yes, some very assertive anglers have learned a lot of what's in our DVDs in about 5-6 years by reading select authors.. They also say that they didn't know all of it and had never seen some of it anywhere else. I say "a lot of what's in the DVDs" because their is still content in our DVDs found no where else. What I will say about our DVDs is that they are probably the single most plagiarized educational fishing product available. I'm about to seek legal action on yet another you tuber that practically reads straight from our DVDs.. even still with out the graphics and providing on going support to customers most people will NOT truly by able to apply the content correctly from reading words on a page or even watch some free you tube clips (again, this is what my customers say about the DVDs, I'm sure you're different and already know everything though). Without the DVDs, even a trip with me you'd only learn a few things even if I tried to show you everything in one day. It's just the facts about learning something. Now, those that watch the DVD and if they came with me on a trip.. they'd probably retain a lot more because they would already have a basis and they're eyes would already be trained to look for what I'm looking for. Many of my customers do ask me to come down and I just can't do to what it takes to run an internet business that tries to deliver like how my business and products do. And if you haven't watched them you can not honestly compare anything to my last 3 videos, nor can you say that other books and dvds do the same. Speaking generally about 'No ones dvds can be that good' falls way short unless you've actually seen the DVDs themselves. Speaking generally about 'crap' and saying someones crap can't be better than everyone else crap is not a fair statement unless one's actually seen the items they are talking down about.

So what's in our DVDs that make us different. We actually take video of what you should be looking for; we put down our fishing rods for countless hours just to get that one millisecond shot of the smallest detail that you should be watching for (this is compared to some you tube guru that talks about it while hes' fishing and shooting with a go pro on his head you don't see what it is that he's seeing, he's not seeing what my or my guides trained eyes have learned to see that's for sure, he even gets out fished by his gf on some of his videos so he's not really even applying the information.. just making something for you to click on while he makes pennies on advertising - (Our You Tube channel is not in the ad program), and you tube can't reimburse me enough for me to put my best content on their and be able to truly support anglers), We make enlightening graphics that explain concepts in such a way that leaves out no pertinent details and accounts for as many different situations as possible ( no video or book can cover it all in one place or it would be about 8 hours long). I've literally spent 3 days and on 1 minute video graphic so anglers can understand a concept and be able to apply it on the water. Those graphics could include everything from understanding how trout slicks form and move in many different wind and tide situations. Graphics of not just what to look for on google earth images but why those areas will work and under what circumstances they would work or don't work. Graphics that include video over-lay over graphics on how to work certain lures like subsurface twitch baits, graphics on understanding where to find specific areas that hold big trout and redfish.. these are combinations of graphics and aerial photo instruction. One could literally use this instruction in the Big Trout DVD to find 49 select big trout locations in East Mattagorda Bay ALONE.. (some guides in Mattagorda don't know these exist) you're not going to find anything like that on YouTube. And similar graphics and aerial sets on not only the concept of wind driven current but how to find specific areas that maximize wind driven current patterns for redfish. We have taken specific video of the numerous bird species that are overlooked or misunderstood by 90% of anglers. We take specific video of bait fish and shrimp and how they act in the water under various feeding or non feeding situations. We discuss how to weed out and find the best marsh pond in the marsh so you don't waste your time fishing the 90% of water that has no fish.. I haven't even gotten to the Bays and shorelines DVD yet. I actually specifically separated the redfish dvds so that one could be entirely used by kayakers.. The Shallow Redfish DVD is made specifically for kayakers. When I was making these DVDs I was already helping anglers on TKF and I really thought, you know.. let's make something that would be specific to the types of areas that anglers can fish. The Bays and Shorelines Redfish DVD has sections in it that were made for guys that have deep v boats and cant really fish the ways you guys do. That doesnt mean that it can't be used by a kayaker.. there are 2 sections in the Bays and Shorelines DVD that a kayaker really couldnt' apply due to the fact that even the boat guys can barely apply it, and these are tournament level boat guys. My DVDs are not just me either. Yes, the I was in the Limits DVD and that was our first DVD and it's different and not as rich as the other 3. It's an hour long and great for summertime trout but our dvds have gotten much better and we feel its time that we may go ahead and update that Limits DVD (because it remains the single most sought after information on the coast; more people have trouble consistently catching a limit of trout than other species) I might even do it ahead of delivering the flounder DVD and we know that might piss off a lot of our current customers who are begging me to do the Flounder dvd. The other DVDs are close to and nearly 2 hours long each, both redfish DVDs are 2 hours long.. and that's not fish fighting time.. that's fire hose fed education with 14 guides and tournament anglers talking about and showing you while we shot on the water. To that we added all the graphics and some simple 3D graphics (we're not Pixar and you don't need that million dollar stuff for fishing videos. It would make our DVDs about $1000 each) most of our graphics are motion or animation graphics that you can't find in a book). We use motion or animated graphics because more information can be packed into them and the results are a much clearer understanding by the end user. We add the ecological understanding (I'm professionally trained in ecology) in the DVDs and cover topics that would allow fisherman to understand the seasonal patterning movements so they could do more than just hap haphazardly run into fish occasionally. How many guided fishing trips would it take to learn the amount of instruction that are in the 4 pack of DVDs.. I'll let some of my customers answer that too but I'll throw out some numbers. 14 guides and tournament anglers that have been fishing all their lives shared knowledge from all their years of fishing into these DVDs. They did this because they believed in the project and to this day I am thankful and I try to promote them as well. I actually promote many guides that didn't get into the DVDs because I feel going with select guides is a great way for all anglers to increase their knowledge and see methods applied on the water. But back to the conversation, how many guided trips to get the knowledge that's in the DVDs? Well let's first look at how many years of experience went into those guides or me learning that material which they shared. Each guide probably averaged about 20 years on the water ... guiding. Yes I had a couple new guides too and they had fished all their lives too and they were in their late 30's.. they grew up living on the coast and fishing all the time.. 14 guides with 20 years average... that's 280 years of knowledge of fisherman there were full or close to full time guides.. not to mention what I covered that was something I got my undergrad and some graduate education in.. things that many of those guides hadn't even figured out ( not boasting but most of the guides even asked me, where did you learn that? I highly respect all the guides in the DVDs so please don't take this the wrong way).. I mutually respect all those guys and if anyone thinks I'm beating my chest be it known that I'm not. I'm just stating a fact. How many trips would one have to take with guides to get that knowledge in such way that they could go apply all the knowledge in the DVDs? I'd say for the Limits DVD probably about 4-6 trips.. why.. because while you might see some of it on each trip you've got to go on multiple trips to see all the different parameters and fish all the different parameters. For the remainder of the DVDs probably about 10 to 12 trips to get close to seeing the various circumstances and understand it enough to apply it. That's about $15,750 in guided trips at the discounted rate or $450 which today is going to get you only a new part time guide.. I'm not even using the professional level guide rate of $650. Ok, Ok.. you were going to split that with your friends that's still close to $4000 each roughly not to mention tipping them. I charge $135 for all 4 DVDs and I spend what ever amount of time you want with you if you ask me questions after the sale. Now I'm sure some of you think that hearing or reading a person talk about a concept is the same as my videos. I have customers that have watched a lot of you tube and have read a lot of magazine articles and books and have watched other peoples dvds and THEY say (not me) say mine are totally different and that no-one is doing what I'm doing in my DVDs on you tube nor can cover what I cover in mine by simply using text. There's no way to sustainably make a better product that truly contributes to you the angler by making pennies a day on you tube. These DVDs took nearly a year each of full time shooting, editing, re-edditing, revising, distilling, reordering, polishing, critique and finalization.

We also offer a full money back guarantee because we know a lot of people have watched a lot of crap. If any of you want a refund because you actually have the knowledge and are applying it correctly on the water then you're welcome to it. I find that some will say "well I already knew all that" but you get to talking to them and maybe they've read it somewhere but they're still only catching a couple fish.. certainly not really applying the knowledge. If someone wants a refund the first thing we do is find out if they really need our help at all and where they are in their fishing game. Sometimes another DVD like the Shallow Redfish DVD or Big Trout DVD is what they really needed. And sometimes not, sometimes they really know it all, and we give them their money back. Most of those that have really fallin into the category of actually knowing and putting it into action correctly have been guides of 30 and 40 years and they told me that it would have been priceless to have something like the DVDs when they started out and it's how they are now currently doing it and putting clients on fish similar to what Yaklash so astutely said.

If they are so good why not just put them on you tube for us all to see them? and then charge a guided trip for on the water training actual fishing time? well it took me 20 years and a couple of professional level degrees to be able to communicate information in such a way that anglers can duplicate the knowledge. This is what' I've chosen to do just like you chose your job. Gotta pay the bills and take care of my little family but I spend nearly 60% going back to you guys.

The guys above are very knowledgeable anglers that have purchased the DVDs and feel they are the best way for someone to truly improve their angling ability. Yaklash, KickingBack, Karstopo (though he rarely promotes on the board has told his friends.. he's one of the few that really knows the content and applied it without watching my DVDs), and some of the others are some of the best anglers I know. It's really been odd, and also great, that most of my customers refer to me as a friend as well as a mentor.. to that I'm honored. I'll also say that if all you've watched is our limits DVD, you're seriously missing out on our better products, still probably 80% of anglers really don't understand the material of that DVD enough to apply it correctly day in and day out in the summer, and like I said above I need to re-do it and add all of what I'm teaching those that ask me questions mano a mano. If one did, they'd limit most trips as long as the weather didn't deal them a bad hand like with high pressure or a low pressure storm.. anything in between with even some of the weakest tides can still result in many fish caught. I also used nearly all the DVD sales monies to make a new lure that would solve many of the problems kayakers face fishing shallow waters. I used the moneys that my customers entrusted with me to make something for them. It's not perfect... but many anglers think its pretty freaking good. MossyOak above thinks it's good enough to make it his go to bait for summer grass flat and rock situations. I had a customer last weekend said he caught 15 reds in shallow oyster that he couldn't have used any other bait. So when KickingBack says he's not really trying to get people to buy something but only trying to get you the best information. He means it. Why is it the same guys over and over that recommend them.. One of the downfalls of what I do is that most of my customers watch the DVDs for a season or 2 and leave the boards and go on to fish and do well in or win tournaments, they're not here to answer or ask questions. I've had several customers start their own blogs and are teaching thousands of people and helping veterans get back on the water like Justin Styles and Sonny Mills. Ask them if you should get my DVDs. So anyway, why these guys, because they love helping people as much or more than I do so they've stayed on the boards to help people and they also provide a ton of really intricate useful information. I'm lucky enough to call them my friends now, but it wasn't always like that.. they bought the DVDs first. I'm forever in their debt for them telling the world about what I do. I'm lucky enough to have some amazing friends that not only help a lot of people but also tell people the straight up cut to the chase truth. The original question was not 'Hey, what color topwater do I through' it was Hey, I want to improve'. They answered that question other wise they would have said some really elaborate detailed answer on why you should throw this or that topwater color and they'd be spot on because they know their chit!

So that's why they said what they said. Hell, I've probably still left out half or more of what the DVDs cover.

Good luck to all in their fishing this weekend.