Shoalwater-The Lagoon-Boggy

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Shoalwater-The Lagoon-Boggy

Post by Yaklash »

I will be down at the end of Lane Rd, between Seadrift and POC this Sat thru Monday. I have plans to fish every day (and at night on the pier) and will play it by ear as to where I fish and by what means. I have a kayak down there to get over into The Lagoon and Shoalwater Bay. I have been known to drive over to the Aransas NWR and wade the reefs. I can also hit POC and paddle up to Boggy. Or go to Indianola and fish Powderhorn. One day (Sunday or Monday) I will be with a friend in his john boat.

Other than that, if you plan to be down there and want to meet up, shoot me a PM and we can exchange contact info.
Fore right

Re: Shoalwater-The Lagoon-Boggy

Post by Fore right »

Myself and my two brothers will be down the following weekend. I look forward to reading a report
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Have fun buddy. Wish I could make this one.. gotta finish the fence gate this weekend.
The Angler

Post by The Angler »

Tear 'em up Yaklash!
FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

Yaklash wrote:I will be down at the end of Lane Rd, between Seadrift and POC this Sat thru Monday. I have plans to fish every day (and at night on the pier) and will play it by ear as to where I fish and by what means. I have a kayak down there to get over into The Lagoon and Shoalwater Bay. I have been known to drive over to the Aransas NWR and wade the reefs. I can also hit POC and paddle up to Boggy. Or go to Indianola and fish Powderhorn. One day (Sunday or Monday) I will be with a friend in his john boat.

Other than that, if you plan to be down there and want to meet up, shoot me a PM and we can exchange contact info.
Be safe, the currents are crazy around there and you never know what's going to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: RE: Re: Shoalwater-The Lagoon-Boggy

Post by MobyYack »

FwistedTucker wrote:
Yaklash wrote:I will be down at the end of Lane Rd, between Seadrift and POC this Sat thru Monday. I have plans to fish every day (and at night on the pier) and will play it by ear as to where I fish and by what means. I have a kayak down there to get over into The Lagoon and Shoalwater Bay. I have been known to drive over to the Aransas NWR and wade the reefs. I can also hit POC and paddle up to Boggy. Or go to Indianola and fish Powderhorn. One day (Sunday or Monday) I will be with a friend in his john boat.

Be safe, the currents are crazy around there and you never know what's going to happen!

I agree totally that area can be super dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You should try to secure a safety partner

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

MobyYack wrote:
FwistedTucker wrote:

I agree totally that area can be super dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You should try to secure a safety partner

Amen, nothing less than dangerous. Please be careful out there and go in packs of 20!

MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

John boat might be your best bet

FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

MobyYack wrote:John boat might be your best bet

Or don't go. That's the safest bet, overall.

FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

FwistedTucker wrote:
MobyYack wrote:John boat might be your best bet

Or don't go. That's the safest bet, overall.

I caught a shark there once

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Curious as to which of my options is the dangerous one. I know the mouth of Powderhorn can get some good flow, but have not gone unaware into any waters since I was in my 20s. But thank you all for your concern.

Either way, trip was cancelled. Another time...
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

Honestly I think that's best. Just trying to look out for your safety bro no offense

FwistedTucker

Post by FwistedTucker »

MobyYack wrote:Honestly I think that's best. Just trying to look out for your safety bro no offense

Probably for the best