Father's Day Marsh Reds

poleposition

Father's Day Marsh Reds

Post by poleposition »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhxKJ ... sp=sharing

Had a great morning in shallow water. The incoming tide had the reds and flounder working drains and corners. I started off with a nice 20" flounder. A couple minutes later, I worked a drain pulling from the grass line across and snagged a beautiful 3 spot 26" red. I got a bit nervous when he started to run between a couple posts, but I was able to muscle her back through. Next I came to a sharp corner and tossed to the grass pulling back across again and got hammered by a nice 24" red. Need one more! Came to a very small drain and, while working it, a bird (friend of mine), spooked a red right outside the drain. I pulled in my line quick and cast over the top and got the blow up! The rod partially covers the blow up in the vid, but check it out! I set and brought in a 22" red. Got my limit now with a bonus flounder and figure I'll head out to find the wife. While parked near a drain (bragging on the phone to my bud) a 24" red picks up my lure sitting still on the bottom! I tell my friend to hold on a sec and set in to what would replace that last 22 incher. Unfortunately, my go pro was off as I was pretty much done fishing. I held up that last one for camera and boogied. Water was low and tide was slow incoming. Wind was 12-15 SW. Threw gulp for awhile with nothing. They were hitting small white shrimp so I threw vudu shrimp in natural.
Attachments
20170617_143343.jpg
theletterandrew

Re: Father's Day Marsh Reds

Post by theletterandrew »

poleposition wrote:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxhxKJ ... sp=sharing

Had a great morning in shallow water. The incoming tide had the reds and flounder working drains and corners. I started off with a nice 20" flounder. A couple minutes later, I worked a drain pulling from the grass line across and snagged a beautiful 3 spot 26" red. I got a bit nervous when he started to run between a couple posts, but I was able to muscle her back through. Next I came to a sharp corner and tossed to the grass pulling back across again and got hammered by a nice 24" red. Need one more! Came to a very small drain and, while working it, a bird (friend of mine), spooked a red right outside the drain. I pulled in my line quick and cast over the top and got the blow up! The rod partially covers the blow up in the vid, but check it out! I set and brought in a 22" red. Got my limit now with a bonus flounder and figure I'll head out to find the wife. While parked near a drain (bragging on the phone to my bud) a 24" red picks up my lure sitting still on the bottom! I tell my friend to hold on a sec and set in to what would replace that last 22 incher. Unfortunately, my go pro was off as I was pretty much done fishing. I held up that last one for camera and boogied. Water was low and tide was slow incoming. Wind was 12-15 SW. Threw gulp for awhile with nothing. They were hitting small white shrimp so I threw vudu shrimp in natural.
Beautiful reds!
B_Remedios

Post by B_Remedios »

Where did you go?
lahai1dj

Post by lahai1dj »

Awesome video!