San jac river near crosby

TunaAddict30

San jac river near crosby

Post by TunaAddict30 »

Hey I am not to sure whether to post this here or on freshwater Bc it's brackish water so whatever, I am going fishing San JAcinto river near Crosby in my new Kayak on Monday. Just purchased a nucanoe Pursuit and I love it, so any good fishing near here or should I move on down towards Baytown for better opportunities to fish? I will be targeting anything worth catching so bass and I also heard there are some redfish to be caught here as well so any tips or insider information would be amazing...thanks y'all
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Re: RE: San jac river near crosby

Post by MobyYack »

TunaAddict30 wrote:Hey I am not to sure whether to post this here or on freshwater Bc it's brackish water so whatever, I am going fishing San JAcinto river near Crosby in my new Kayak on Monday. Just purchased a nucanoe Pursuit and I love it, so any good fishing near here or should I move on down towards Baytown for better opportunities to fish? I will be targeting anything worth catching so bass and I also heard there are some redfish to be caught here as well so any tips or insider information would be amazing...thanks y'all
Some guys on this site like bay town nature center

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
TunaAddict30

Re: San jac river near crosby

Post by TunaAddict30 »

Any tips for Baytown nature center then?
saltychris281

Post by saltychris281 »

Yeah go to the Nature center you will see power lines out in the water head to the 3rd one and fish that area something will tug on your line!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
TigerLandSportsman

Post by TigerLandSportsman »

saltychris281 wrote:Yeah go to the Nature center you will see power lines out in the water head to the 3rd one and fish that area something will tug on your line!

Is that area really considered fresh water?
saltychris281

Re: RE: Re: San jac river near crosby

Post by saltychris281 »

TigerLandSportsman wrote:
saltychris281 wrote:Yeah go to the Nature center you will see power lines out in the water head to the 3rd one and fish that area something will tug on your line!

Is that area really considered fresh water?
No its saltwater

crusher

Post by crusher »

Also known people to start a wade or launch a kayak from over on the west side of Burnett Bay there near the power lines. Flounder and Reds can hang around Burnett, for sure. It's pretty rough parking along Independence Pkwy, but trucks seem to manage ok.
Also note this is north of the Fred Hartman Bridge which might still be a demarcation line for some fish eating advisories. It's been discussed on TKF before but I don't remember the details whether this specific area is part if the restricted area or not.
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: On the road between Humble & Galveston - Aboard the Pequod - Just below Cpt. Ahab's knee

Post by MobyYack »

TunaAddict30 wrote:Any tips for Baytown nature center then?
let me know when you go and I'll try to meet you over there

Killer Squirrel

Post by Killer Squirrel »

That area around BNC is under the advisory. I won't eat anything from there, so I generally don't even bother fishing around there. Such a shame that I am right there and have to drive quite a ways to put in where it's safe (I do keep and eat my fish) because of all the pollution.
TunaAddict30

Post by TunaAddict30 »

MobyYack wrote:

Sounds good man I'll be going on Sunday I'm thinking around 10 am
TunaAddict30

Post by TunaAddict30 »

MobyYack wrote:

Sounds good I'll be going on Sunday around 1030 am
TunaAddict30

Post by TunaAddict30 »

Killer Squirrel wrote:That area around BNC is under the advisory. I won't eat anything from there, so I generally don't even bother fishing around there. Such a shame that I am right there and have to drive quite a ways to put in where it's safe (I do keep and eat my fish) because of all the pollution.
Well that does suck I just won't keep any fish, right now I have to stay close to home(Crosby) due to my wife being 3 weeks from her due date with a new baby so can't go to far from the house
MobyYack
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by MobyYack »

TunaAddict30 wrote:
Killer Squirrel wrote:That area around BNC is under the advisory. I won't eat anything from there, so I generally don't even bother fishing around there. Such a shame that I am right there and have to drive quite a ways to put in where it's safe (I do keep and eat my fish) because of all the pollution.
Well that does suck I just won't keep any fish, right now I have to stay close to home(Crosby) due to my wife being 3 weeks from her due date with a new baby so can't go to far from the house
can't make it tomorrow but maybe Monday

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

I would venture to say that both Crosby / SanJac and the nature center are pretty fresh right now. Nature center would be minutely more salty but that watershed has gotten enough rain lately to make it questionable. Still might catch a flounder though.

Burnett might be a good option for you and Burnett holds salt better than the other 2 areas. Use a spinner bait or paddle tail and you'll catch any red around the back marshy islands.