Search function: multiple strings

mikefos

Search function: multiple strings

Post by mikefos »

Howdy,

What's the secret to do a search that contains multiple strings as an argument? For example, to search for "Coyote Island" or "East Flats". I don't want every post w/ Coyote and Island in it, but those with the string Coyote Island. Thanks.
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Search function: multiple strings

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

On some of my other forum sites advanced search use +keyword for required words. Use quotes around a phrase to search a specific phrase. IDK if the same applies here. Give it a try.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Try parenthesis around "coyote Island"
crusher

Post by crusher »

Like lookn4reds says, the + sign is for required words on TKF, also. It won't be perfect, but +coyote +island will get all you are looking for, and maybe a little bit of unwanted stuff.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

mikefos wrote:Howdy,

What's the secret to do a search that contains multiple strings as an argument? For example, to search for "Coyote Island" or "East Flats". I don't want every post w/ Coyote and Island in it, but those with the string Coyote Island. Thanks.
got to google.com. Use this search line:

Code: Select all

"Coyote Island" site:www.texaskayakfisherman.com
Data might be somewhat outdated (depending on when Google robots check the site last time). Usually isn't a problem. Can't search over stuff that is not public (like requires account to see).
mikefos

Post by mikefos »

crusher wrote:Like lookn4reds says, the + sign is for required words on TKF, also. It won't be perfect, but +coyote +island will get all you are looking for, and maybe a little bit of unwanted stuff.
This syntax works the best, although still gets all posts w/ the words in it no matter what order or other words in between. I can sift through the results. Too bad the search engine doesn't recognize the "string1 string2" syntax, would be nice. Thanks for all the replies. Onward...
mikefos

Post by mikefos »

Crusader wrote:
got to google.com. Use this search line:

Code: Select all

"Coyote Island" site:www.texaskayakfisherman.com
Data might be somewhat outdated (depending on when Google robots check the site last time). Usually isn't a problem. Can't search over stuff that is not public (like requires account to see).
Thanks. This works but drags up some odd links. I'll use this as an alternative. Good to know.