4-29-17 Copano

Tombo

4-29-17 Copano

Post by Tombo »

This is not a good report, period. But, fishing in this wind I had zero bites. I used a popping cork due to water clarity and this awful wind. Saw one school of Redfish but they got spooked. Right now I am having fun bobbing around while sitting in my chair typing this.
If anyone can suggest where should I go in these conditions, I am all ears cuz today sucked. I also would not recommend crossing any bays with the wind driven waves. At one point had to walk with kayak in tow until I could use the Mirage Drive.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: 4-29-17 Copano

Post by Neumie »

Where did you launch from?
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

Wilson's Cut should be decent even in high winds and high water. Fairly protected and usually cleaner water. It will be deep but if you aren't sight fishing that won't be a big deal.

It must be tough if the great "Tombo" is looking for advice.

Good luck. Late spring conditions are tough.

John
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

To quote a song, "I am not as good as I once was". Lots of humble pie dealt to me yesterday, but we did not do anything stupid in those conditions.
Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ultrastealth »

Days like yesterday are pretty much of a crap shoot. I talked to plenty of guys who were on good fish but got skunked. I didn't have a single slot red until 1:30, and I caught two on consecutive casts. I was just lucky, because everything else was undersized. I probably paddled a good 7 miles in that wind, and wound up catching fish in sight of my truck. I was pretty much resigned to getting shut out when I got my fish. You have nothing to feel bad about on a day like yesterday.
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Post by StevenM »

Decided to stay home and get some work done this weekend
Glad I did because from what I've seen and heard that wind down there was brutal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk