Bird point to egg point

jnd1959

Bird point to egg point

Post by jnd1959 »

Is the Southeast side of ANWR sand or mud? It looks sandy based on what I saw of Barrett Islands last time I was at the park. Does it get crowded during the week? Thinking of making another trip to Goose Island this June. I don't get down many times during the year and have usually gone in the winter. But I need to pick an inshore place and just keep going back until I learn it. Yes, I plan on bringing the global skeeter defense shield. I have an interest in a place just west of Port Aransas if there are better spots to learn on the backside of mustang island.
Thanks
SmileDoc

Re: Bird point to egg point

Post by SmileDoc »

I fish there fairly often, usually wading.
PM me your phone # and I'll give you a long run down.
jnd1959

Post by jnd1959 »

Pm sent, thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
SmileDoc

Post by SmileDoc »

The western half of that stretch is quite good, sand, grass, slightly soft sand. I weigh 210 on a bad day and barely sink at times, never to have to tug my foot out of a sink hole. Immediately east of Bird Point is a lot of shell. I holds trout and reds nicely. There is a small reef that extends to the ENE as the shoreline makes a slight curve to the S.
The eastern half of this stretch, closer to Egg Point, I think is also decent, but possibly slightly softer. I wanted to confirm that this weekend but went further south, out of Cove Harbor. Maybe in April I'll verify that remaining stretch.
leftyfisherman72

Post by leftyfisherman72 »

Jnd1959 What is the "Global mosquito defense shield "?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
jnd1959

Re: RE: Re: Bird point to egg point

Post by jnd1959 »

leftyfisherman72 wrote:Jnd1959 What is the "Global mosquito defense shield "?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's just a head net and long sleeve shirt. But, the best advice is what we used to say in the jungle, if you don't want to be bothered by mosquitoes, don't scratch them.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk