YETI - Devils River

jeff89

YETI - Devils River

Post by jeff89 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5p1eKTtYw8

Awesome video. Alvin's the man. His personality just makes it super fun to fish with him.

Luckily, I think the Devils is one of those places that you could give it more publicity but it's still not going to attract a whole bunch of people...you have to plan, get permits, eat mush, and sleep on rocks...it ain't for everyone haha
Tombo

Re: YETI - Devils River

Post by Tombo »

Thank you for the video. I am having my morning cup of coffee watching great scenery and slowing down my blood pressure. So nice to know we still have great untouched wildlife.
brownmule

Post by brownmule »

Tombo wrote:Thank you for the video. I am having my morning cup of coffee watching great scenery and slowing down my blood pressure. So nice to know we still have great untouched wildlife.
X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Awesome video! :clap:
sotxprowler

Post by sotxprowler »

Great video, thank you.

The Devils is one of those must do on my bucket list.

I have seen a few videos on trips down the Devils and every single one has seemed to lure me even closer to pulling the trigger on jumping in.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

The Devil has been on my bucket list for a number of years. Unfortunately, my bucket got too old to hold water. Now, I can only enjoy it vicariously as in the above video. Thanks muchly for sharing.
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

That is one cool video....Man does it take you away!
dr.flatfish

Post by dr.flatfish »

Kayak Kid wrote:The Devil has been on my bucket list for a number of years. Unfortunately, my bucket got too old to hold water. Now, I can only enjoy it vicariously as in the above video. Thanks much for sharing.
Kayak Kidd don't use age for an excuse. I'm 70 years young and out getting it on. The last two years I've done a 3 night 4 day trip on the Devils. Those trips we ferried by boat from the lake, paddled up the river, and made base camp. That allowed us to fish all day without making and breaking camp each day. This year we are going to paddled the whole river which will be more grueling. One thing the video didn't mention was the wind. It blows all the time and coming down through those canyons can make it tough to paddle. The Devils is everything the video made it to be and more, much much more. On our first trip we were in such awe that we spent more time admiring the river than we did fishing. And the fishing oh man it can't be beat. Where in Texas can you catch 20 in small mouth? The Devils. Let me tell ya, you need to put the Devils in your bucket.
By the way nice video, thanks
dr.flatfish

Post by dr.flatfish »

Just a few to wet your appetite. The last one the water is about 10 ft deep. And that is a large mouth not a smallie.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Dr. Flatfish, You go guy. Do it all, and enjoy every minute of it. At 70, I was paddling for hours each day, and, camping out wherever the PACK group ended up. The youngsters in the group couldn't keep up with me. I enjoyed primitively camping for days at a time, with my kayak pulled up onto a nearby bank.

About twice a month, I spent a week on an Island in the Yucatan. Fished all day for bones, permit, tarpon, and snook. Evening found me in a kayak cruising the shoreline of the Caribbean looking for more bonefish.

This went on from the time I retired in 2003 until a year ago when I ran into some physical difficulties. At age, nearly 80, I am forced to take things a little easier, a little slower, and, perhaps a little wiser. The mind has grown younger, but, the abuse I've put my body through has finally taken it's toll on my physical stamina. And, I have absolutely no regrets........,other than that I never found the time to do the Devils River.
dr.flatfish

Post by dr.flatfish »

Kayak Kid, My hat's off to you sir. I hope I'm still doing this when I hit 80.