Rapala Skitter V Topwater Bait

Jigawatt

Rapala Skitter V Topwater Bait

Post by Jigawatt »

I'm not abandoning my spooks, but this new bait from Rapala is probably going to find its way into my tackle bag --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47GmGYzVjOU

Anyone give it a go yet?
julioandadrie

Re: Rapala Skitter V Topwater Bait

Post by julioandadrie »

Not yet but looks good, im going to go gwt one and try it out this weekend

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Bayou Burner

Post by Bayou Burner »

I bought a couple when they came out. Nothing too special. It walks great but if it's kinda choppy, the bait wants to cut through waves instead of riding over them, if that makes any sense. I could imagine if there are slick conditions, this bait could shine. I've caught a few fish on them but honestly it's a struggle to not keep using my spooks and skitterwalks.
Lat22

Post by Lat22 »

Used one this morning for the first time. Caught a rat red and had a couple other blowups. I'll probably just stick to spooks and skitterwalks.
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

Nice i went out to west bay by tiki island and didnt catch anything. I was using down south lures. Im going to buy a Skitter V later today

Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I never have taken to the Skitterwalks much (I get railed on by friends for saying as much), because they don't walk the way I want. But on top of that, the Skitterwalks - and I am not the only to say this and I hear it more and more lately - are just so prone to cracking. They are cheap.

Now, to add to that, I've been walking the dog for a long time, as in "pre-Top Dog," days & the only topwater bait I could find made for saltwater was a bone colored Jumpin' Minnow. One thing I can say without hesitation; trout don't care much about which brand you're throwing. After being in the right place at the right time (finding fish), making appropriate color and size selection have a lot more to do with success rate than brand and model. This being Rapala's "Up-Size" version, I suppose they are trying to elbow into the Superspook's market share. And much like the Chug'N'Spook, I will probably buy one or two to check them out :oops:
Jigawatt

Post by Jigawatt »

Thanks for the replies. After further review, and after completing an exhaustive inventory of my current Spook collection, I've decided to pass on this bait for the time being. I just get so excited when I see something new (to me). Then, I remember how much stuff I have still waiting to be used, and think, do I really need this thing? Maybe some day I'll find one floating somewhere.
julioandadrie

Re: RE: Re: Rapala Skitter V Topwater Bait

Post by julioandadrie »

Jigawatt wrote:Thanks for the replies. After further review, and after completing an exhaustive inventory of my current Spook collection, I've decided to pass on this bait for the time being. I just get so excited when I see something new (to me). Then, I remember how much stuff I have still waiting to be used, and think, do I really need this thing? Maybe some day I'll find one floating somewhere.
Yeah that would be nice to just find one floating somewhere.