Galveston Surf

finaddict_830

Galveston Surf

Post by finaddict_830 »

Hey fellas, I'm gonna be staying about 6 miles up the beach from San Luis Pass on the gulf side, and I'm looking for some help. We're going to be surf fishing, does anyone have any tips for this time of year? We're planning on fishing with cut mullet/whiting/whatever we can catch in the morning. Any tips from you guys in that area would be appreciated, thanks!
julioandadrie

Re: Galveston Surf

Post by julioandadrie »

If you can get some lady fish those are awesome bait also. Dont think theres shark but stingray works good for that if you would like to catch shark

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

just a tad bit early for the surf. If you get an east or ne or calm wind I'd go hit the south jetty. Just be carefull getting on to it. There is a 7 foot gap in the first 100 yards that can be fatal if not doing it right. There is a way to walk around that area by wading a sandbar on the ship channel side and that is preferred.

Outside of that you might try peeled shrimp on the bottom. The area behind the pass should start turning on as well.. just a little early for the numbers in the surf.. won't be long though if the weather continues.. the bays are about a month ahead of schedule.

hope that helps.
julioandadrie

Post by julioandadrie »

Where is a good marsh spot to go kayak fishing?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk