rectangle hatch on outback

dugue4

rectangle hatch on outback

Post by dugue4 »

Has anyone done this install themselves? Difficulties? Leave it to professionals?
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Re: rectangle hatch on outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

where are you at in NW Houston? I should be doing one on mine this weekend sometime. if you have the tools it's easy.
dugue4

Post by dugue4 »

I need to change the NW Houston, I moved to Magnolia. Jigsaw and drill all I need?

-Dugue
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

lol okay, yeah jigsaw, drill is all you need. go to youtube and search hobie rectangle hatch installation. the videos are very helpful. main thing is after you remove the old hatch, use the hole on the top center from the old screw as a guide. flip the backing plate upside down and use a nail or something to go hold the backing plate in place while you trace the line to cut. everything else is easy.
rono

Post by rono »

I dont know if its true or not, but the guys at ACK told me that it voids Hobie warranty if you do that. I think the Outbacks have 2 year warranties.
Makzym0s

Post by Makzym0s »

Question that pertains to this thread: when buying the hatch, it does not come with hardware correct?
What size hardware would I need to purchase for installation ?
dugue4

Post by dugue4 »

rono wrote:I dont know if its true or not, but the guys at ACK told me that it voids Hobie warranty if you do that. I think the Outbacks have 2 year warranties.
Not true. I contacted Hobie and they said it does not void warranty.
teen yaker

Post by teen yaker »

I installed mine myself. Very easy, only took like 10 minutes. The hole doesn't have to be cut perfectly, just make sure it's aligned correctly, so you don't have a crooked hatch.
SFHarry

Post by SFHarry »

Anybody try putting a rectangular hatch in a 2011 Hobie Outback?
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

dugue4 wrote:
rono wrote:I dont know if its true or not, but the guys at ACK told me that it voids Hobie warranty if you do that. I think the Outbacks have 2 year warranties.
that's good to hear! a certain orifice clinched when i read that it may void the warranty :oops: my parts and accessories should be here friday and this weekend will be spent in the garage getting it all set up. i'll try to remember to take some pictures, but don't hold your breathe :lol: video is out of the question due to probable nsfw language and miscellaneous tools being thrown across the garage...
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Makzym0s wrote:Question that pertains to this thread: when buying the hatch, it does not come with hardware correct?
What size hardware would I need to purchase for installation ?
i ordered mine when i bought the yak from ko sailing and in the catalog it says it comes with the hatch ( top and backing plate ), gasket and all mounting hardware.
rono

Post by rono »

dugue4 wrote:

I'm glad to hear this! I will be installing one asap! Thanks for your message. :clap:
dugue4

Post by dugue4 »

Email from Hobie
Attachments
IMG_0159.PNG
dugue4

Post by dugue4 »

i went ahead and did it and it turned out good. Pics as soon as remember how to post from my phone